Sunday, November 03, 2013

Y? Y not.

Today I'm thankful for the Y.  It gives me a great place to take a boy-o to burn off some extra energy.  And we've got access to a pool year round.  And I love to swim.  I really, really, really need to get into a routine of going to the pool and/or the fitness center again.  Ever since school started I just can't seem to figure out something that I like.

Today, I gave Boo a few choices of what he wanted to do.  He chose the pool.  Ok, fine by me.  (Mind you, even with keeping him up extra late last night he was still up at 5:30 EST thank you daylight savings....)  Low and behold, as we were walking down the hall to the family locker room, one of the little girls from his daycare calls to him.  So, not only did we get to have fun playing in the water, it turns out that two of the younger girls from daycare were there for a play date.  Oh, and the moms invited me to Zumba Thursday evening from 5:30 to 6:30.  That'll be a little rough on the boy with our normal schedule.... since I'll pick him up from daycare just to take him to the kids room at the Y (well, not quite but almost...).

Anyhow, we'll see what happens.

I still maintain that I don't like daylight savings time.  I stayed up late, had a hard time falling asleep, slept horribly and was still up at the crack of dawn.  So, it's been a tired day all the way around in this house.  And tired usually means cranky, and it did.  Oh well.  We've got a sound asleep boy and I'm about to go curl up with a book and crash.

Peace to all and may you have somewhere wonderful to go.

No comments: