Monday, November 11, 2013

Service

Today I can't help hut post a thanks to the men and women serving this country. I know I do that every Veterans Day, but that doesw make it any less true.

I know everyone says it today. And, until about 12 or 14 years ago I probably said it but, I'm not sure how much I meant it. For you see, I knew very few personally who were actively serving or who had. Or I should say that I realized who had. But now, knowing who I know and having the husband I have, I realize how much I toom them all for granted.

While I may be a lousy friend when it comes to email and the like there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wonder and worry about Steve while he is overseas. I worry and I hate the fact that he's there, but I know damn right well he's who needs to be there. His team and the locals are in good hands. I just wish they didn't have to be.

I hear a lot about sacrifice and bravery and honour today. But, really, these kids aren't brave, they're just dong what they think is right and protecting what they believe in. They'll have the luxury of bravery when they're done.

So here is to all past, present, and future who believe in this land enough to protect it. And here is to making sure everyone who comes home gets all the love and support and care and dignity that they need and deserve.

No comments: