Friday, March 20, 2009

Very Hungry Caterpillar

Almost by accident, I found out that today is a very important day.  Today, The Very Hungry Caterpillar turns 40 years old!  And in June, Eric Carle, the creator of this wonderful book and many more, turns 80!
As you can see, we're a big fan of the Caterpillar.  Aunt Becca and Uncle Jon gave Boo a copy for Christmas.  I thought him wanting to eat the book was very fitting.  I've enjoyed this book for a long time, I've used it at the nature center when teaching and now, I get to read it to my son.  We've got some of his other books as well.  The pictures are great.  They're fun and "loose", child-like without being childish or too silly when they shouldn't be.  I really do need to add to the collection, there are so many good ones.

I'm not going to go into the whole work thing.  I'm ignoring it as best I can while trying to get things done.  I've had a week of Mondays and well, it hasn't been fun.  But, today is Friday and I've got the weekend in front of me.  Hurrah for that!

Anyhow, I'd best get back to work.
Peace to all and go read a picture book!

No comments: