Friday, March 13, 2009

One Moment...

I've had a lot going through my head this week, but no time to process it or write.  I've had 6 customers in all week for training.  It went very well for the most part.  I think at least one customer got a warm fuzzy that they didn't have before and one gained a bit more confidence in us and the other four were already satisfied and left with a good bit more knowledge.  They all appreciated the business manager stopping in and saying hi and being the friendly guy he is.
There's also been some bad news at work, there will probably be a "reduction in force" in the production area since the "pipeline" is only about 25% full for the rest of the year.  And the business manager said "anyone who's not worried about their job in this economy isn't paying attention to what's going on", or something to that extent.  He's right, there's no such thing as a "safe" job right now.  If you're not pulling your weight and then some, someone else can and will probably be willing to work for less just to get a job.

Anyhow, something happened in Gak's part of the family Monday.  I'm still processing it and I don't have all the information.  I'll write more about it later, but suffice to say it involved a cousin he's not close with, a 10-week-old baby's death and other possible bad things.  It's not a warm fuzzy thing in the slightest.  It makes it easier and harder because it was family we're not close with (I don't think I've met the cousin in question...).  It's easier because it's just that much more distant but harder because it's family I don't know if that makes any sense.
Like I've said, I've got a lot bouncing around in my head about this and I just haven't had the time or energy to process it.

I'll share when I do though.  Hopefully this will be a nice and easy weekend, but I really have no clue.

Peace to all and may life make at least a little sense and your projects turn out well.

No comments: