Saturday, September 20, 2008

Yay! Weekend!

Well, the weekend is here.  I'm glad about it.  This week at work was long, mostly productive, a little odd and did I mention long?
Now it's time for the weekend.  It looks like it should be a good one too.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful.  We've got fun things planned.  I don't have to work, but get to spend all day with my boy.
The downside, Gak's fighting off a cold.
I'm trying to convince him that it doesn't really matter... I may succeed.
You see, this afternoon after Gak gets off work, we're supposed to go down to my parents' house.  We'll be spending the night there and then tomorrow morning heading down to Baltimore to visit my cousin.  Daniel, his son, just turned one this week!  Most of my California family will be out here this weekend.  My aunt Beverly and Uncle Richard, as they are Ben's parents and my cousin Rae and her wife Kami, who I haven't seen since their wedding.  (Oh, yeah, and since they live in CA, they made it official, not just a domestic partnership, on their 1-year anniversary.)  The only people missing from this little family get-together will be my brother and Becca.  I wish they'd be able to come out, but Jon's game has been pushed back 3 weeks and he's swamped.  (I hope to see him before Christmas time, but I'm doubting it at this rate.  I can't wait for both of them to meet Boo...)
Gak says if he's still feeling sick, he won't go.  I told him if this is anything like the cold I fought off a few weeks ago, by tomorrow morning he'll be doing much better, just some chest congestion.  I hope he believes me and decides to come.  He hasn't meet Daniel yet, as he couldn't make the bris because of work.  Even my dad is going!  (He said he'd go as long as he didn't have to drive... no problem, there's room for all 5 of us in the Durango...)
Anyhow, I've got to wrap this up and get the laundry together, hop in the shower and get the boy ready for the day.
Peace to all and have a great weekend!

No comments: