Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Friday was my company picnic. This was nice for a couple of reasons. The most important being I got to spend the afternoon with my son. The other reasons were a half day of work, the chance to hang with some of my friends and free food. Free food is good. And it was good food too.

It's just too bad that the weather didn't cooperate as well. It was not quite raining most of the day. Therefore, instead of holding it in the park behind our office, we held it back in the warehouse/production area. It could have been better, but it could have been so much worse. (I did feel for the business manager, this was the first one he's thrown and he was feeling bad that it wasn't a great one. I told him there have been worse, which there have...)
Here's Boo sitting in my chair at work. He could actually sit in it for a couple of minutes by himself without help from me. I love the look on his face in this picture. It's almost "you want me to what?!".


Boo did very well. He got to meet all kinds of people. Including one of my friends, an engineer named Quang. Quang probably would have kept Boo all afternoon if he hadn't gotten a little fussy. It was nice to be able to bring family this year. The last time we did that was the picnic right before I joined the company. (My 8-year anniversary with this job was on Gak's birthday... I was here before we were bought out by our current corporate people...) I was a bit disappointed in people though. It was a catered lunch, but we were invited to bring sides or desserts. Not a single person brought anything, not even a pack of store-bought cookies or cupcakes or something. I had every intention of making something, but it wasn't until Thursday night that I realized all my butter was still in the freezer and I had no milk or anything else around. Oh well.

Boo and I had a good afternoon after we left the office as well. He slept for just about an hour shortly after we got home. This was nice, I was totally lazy and crashed in front of the TV myself. (This has been a bad sleep week for both Gak and me. I'm not 100% sure Boo's been sleeping better, but if he's been waking up, he hasn't fussed enough for us to hear and I usually hear him right away.)


We picked up Daddy and picked up milk at the store. (I've got to go grocery shopping tomorrow, no choice.) We were running a bit late, so it was bath time and slightly early bedtime for Boo. Gak and I didn't have dinner until late, but that was OK as neither one of us were too hungry. We had a nice quiet evening at home.

Today went well for the most part. We did laundry. He got fussy shortly before the wash was done in the dryers. He fussed for a few and then fell asleep. He slept for about 20-30 minutes. Just long enough for me to finish getting everything folded and get home. He even let me fix myself some lunch if I didn't put him down for too long. We had a couple of total melt downs. Mostly due to the fact that he was very, very, tired but refused to sleep. He's been getting like that more and more on the weekends. I'm not sure about weekday afternoons, but he's been taking hour plus long naps the last several days. I'm not sure if there's something going on, or if he's just become aware enough of the world around him that he's decided he really doesn't want to miss stuff during the day. I wish I knew. Then I could hopefully convince him that naps during the day are a good thing. Oh well.
I also wish it would stop raining. It rained, misted or was gray all day today. I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to mildew. Ewww. We really did need the rain, but ick... I would like a little sun now, please.
Tomorrow looks to be a good day, or at least an interesting one. Gak and I get to go out by ourselves! Yep, just the two of us. Aunt Kat is going to watch Boo for us. Gak and I are finally getting the chance to see the new Batman movie. Yes, I know it was out in July or August. We couldn't/didn't find a sitter until now. We're going to the 3:30 show and then probably eating at Red Robin. It'll be weird going out just the two of us. I'll try not to feel to guilty about not spending every moment of a weekend with my boy. My big boy needs me more right now. We haven't had alone time in too long. He deserves my attention just as much as Boo does. I love them both so much. (I would probably feel way less guilty about not spending time with Boo every moment he's awake in a weekend if I wasn't already feeling guilty enough for spending so much time away in the week. Yes, I know, I have to if I want to have a happy and healthy boy with a place to live and food and all that... but that doesn't mean I don't feel a little guilty for it...)
Anyhow, it should be a nice afternoon/evening. I'll let you know how the movie goes and how Boo does for Aunt Kat. I don't know if Zoe will be there or not. I hate to say it, but if Zoe's there, I'm not sure it'll be a good time. Zoe loves her cousin so much, that she just can't leave him alone for 30 seconds and this really frustrates and bothers Boo after a while. Which just makes him cranky. We will see.
Peace to all and may you have good times with good friends and make time for your loved ones.

No comments: