Thursday, September 04, 2008

Grumps and Giggles

Well, we're almost through the week. It's been a long one. Partially due to the dregs of my cold, partially due to all the crap I'm dealing with at work.
My former boss didn't do his job and now I'm paying for it... or should I say trying not to. I understand 100% where the business leader is coming from. But it still stinks. Since my job description wasn't changed because my former boss never bothered to get approval (I doubt he even asked...) the current business leader is trying to get me to travel.

For an entire week.

To Phoenix.

I can't do it and I won't do it. (It's not that I don't want to go to Phoenix, Abi's there now after all....) There is no way I can travel for an entire week without switching Boo to formula and the only person who has the right to even suggest that is his doctor, and they won't. The only reason I'd even consider it is if he wasn't gaining weight like he should or something along those lines.

Anyhow, I think the new manager of the department is going to go to bat for me... at least a bit. I know he doesn't understand the whole reason for my not traveling, as he doesn't have kids himself. It doesn't matter if he understands, it just matters that he listens and takes my case to the leader.

I did get everything taken care of for next week. I still have a mountain of other training things to get out from underneath, but I'm working on it.


I'm trying not to give myself an ulcer over it all. I've got way more important things to worry about, like my boy. He really does make everything all right when I go pick him up. He just has to only slightly smile at me and my heart melts all over again.

We had a very good evening again. He laughed and played and talked. He even sat and listened well through all of Cinder again. It's one of the longest books he has, but almost the only one he'll sit through. I'm not complaining, it's a fun book with great pictures.

Gak surprised me with something when we got home this evening. He'd been taking pictures and used my camera to capture a 30 second clip of Boo actually reaching for the elephants that hang off his bouncy seat. It melted my heart. He's actually started grabbing for things. He even tried to put a rattle-ring he'd grabbed from me into his mouth. He wasn't doing that just a few days ago. My boy is growing by leaps and bounds.


Well, I'm off to bed. It's going to be another long day tomorrow, but it's the last in the work week. I can't wait. We don't have anything planned for the weekend other than staying dry. I like it that way.


Peace to all and may you have wonderful moments with those you love.

No comments: