Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Gak!

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday.  I wish I could do more for him.  (This picture is from Sunday... no, I haven't taken any more this week...)  I love Gak so much.  He really does mean the world to me.  He's a good friend, husband and especially daddy.  He is great with our son and you can really tell how much they love each other.  (And yes, I'm still jealous that they get mornings together...)
I am a little proud of myself that I didn't wait until the very, very last minute to figure out what to get him.  It was Monday.  I'm not going to tell you what it is, because he's still in bed and hasn't opened it yet as I type.  I'll just let you know that Best Buy is my savior this year.  I even remembered to get cards both from me and Boo!  Boo even signed his own card... with his footprints.  (They're a little messy, because I had to try and use some paint because I couldn't find my stamp pads... they're probably all at Mom's and dried up anyhow... It doesn't matter, Gak will love it.)  Of course, I now realize that I totally forgot to do something about a cake.... Yes, mom bought him one for last Saturday, but that's not the same.  I will have to remedy that this evening.

Anyhow, on the rest of the week note, all has been going fairly well.  I had another class on Tuesday.  It was full and went well.  I teach it again on this coming Tuesday.  Then hopefully, we'll be able to come up with some dates in November and fill those too.  We shall see.  Other than the training it has been a mostly productive week.  Not bad, but not great either.
Tomorrow is my company picnic and Boo will be joining me.  Yes, it is supposed to rain buckets.  No, it won't get canceled, they'll just move it into the shop area.  (It's a catered picnic...)  No, Gak's not going because he had off last Thursday.  It should be fun.  I'm looking forward to being able to show off Boo again.
Anyhow, Gak just woke up and I just realized I've got to get my butt in gear and get dressed and get Boo up and fed.
Peace to all and may the weeks be good and you have reasons to celebrate.

No comments: