Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Try Again?

Are you sure it wasn't a Monday. It sure as anything felt like one.
Yes, it was the first day of the work week for me. That doesn't mean it had to be so bad.

It all started this morning and it didn't get much better as the day went on.

I'd noticed the other day that Boo's nails were getting a bit long. When I went to wake him this morning, I'd noticed he'd scratched himself quite well in the night. Well, guess that means I can't ignore them any longer. So, I give him his vitamins, change his diaper and....

Promptly cut his finger with the clippers.

I never knew such a little cut could bleed to much. I think it took a good half hour for him to calm down. There was blood everywhere. All over my robe. All over his head and in his hair (he'd grabbed his ear...) All over his other hand and his shirt (white of course...). It literally scarred the poop right out of him too. I just couldn't do anything right after that with him this morning. (Therefore I kept him in his clean diaper and told Gak he had to get him dressed today...)

I manage to convince myself he won't hate me and get to work only about 10 minutes late. The first thing I had to deal with were some stupid sales people who have no idea how long it actually takes to do things and travel between points try and cram 4 days of training and 3 or 4 days worth of travel into one 5-day week. Isn't going to happen. It wouldn't happen when it was me traveling and I'm sure as anything not going to make anyone else do it unless you give me a very, very good reason, and $6000.00 isn't a good enough reason.

Of course, while I'm in the middle of this, someone calls and asks about a ticket I've been assigned and haven't even looked at. (I never did call the guy back today... oh well, he'll forgive me, he used to work for us....)

I then try and get the rest of the training manual that I need for next week done. Yes, it's my own damn fault I didn't get it done last week. I tried like crazy to get it done today but I kept getting interrupted by stupid things or kicked off the computer or other things. I have to get it done tomorrow. My printer doesn't even know I have a new book for her, let alone that I'll need about 10 or more copies by next Tuesday, 12 two weeks after that and probably another 6-10 the week after that. (Hey, at least I don't have to travel anywhere and it's making us money...)

We had a meeting with the new manager. I think it went well, but only time will tell. I'm not holding my breath, but it's not as hopeless as if we had someone who has no clue about the business and is a "corporate guy" coming in. (Don't get me wrong, there are some people from corporate who are very competent and can and are willing to learn... but most of them... well... they've been a waste of space.)

The evening was just a little off. I blame most of it on the dregs of this cold. It's no longer really a head cold, but has moved into my chest. This is standard for me. Hopefully, if all goes like normal, this will clear up by the end of the week and just be a bad memory. Hopefully.

As you can see, we did get a picture of Boo and his dragon tonight. He wasn't cooperating well and I didn't have the patience to try and work with him. This is the best we'll get this month. I'll try and get a better one next month.

Exciting times are happening this month. The 18th (I think...) is my cousin's son's 1st birthday. We're getting together with the family on the 21st. It'll be great. His family is from CA and both my aunt and uncle and his sister and her wife will be out. I haven't seen them in so long. I really do enjoy my family. Then on the 25th it's Gak's birthday. The 26th is my company picnic and, hopefully, both Gak and Boo will be joining me. Boo will be at any rate, even if Gak has to work.

Well, I'm tired. I need to go to bed to get this day behind me.

Peace to all and may things go your way.


Flauta Mom said...

Yes. those little fingers can BLEED a ton... when it happened to us and I couldn't get the bleeding to stop after 10 mins I took Monkeybaby to the emergency room *blush* Yes, I was one of those new moms

Addey said...

I had a momentary "it won't stop bleeding!" panic, but it passed quickly. You never know how hard it is to apply preassure to such a tiny finger that's always moving and trying to clench until you have to. I have no plans on repeting that any time soon...