Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!
Gak and I had a great little trip down to MD to visit with Michelle. It was nice and low key. Michelle made a great Beef Burgundy in the crock pot. We taught her how to play Killer Bunnies! I'm not sure if she'll play with us again though, the game was decidedly picking on her. Oh well. We watched the Underworld movies after dinner. I hadn't seen them before. They were OK. It felt more like it was the outline of a story with no real character development than a fully developed movie.
Today we didn't do a whole lot other than cook breakfast and hang out. Michelle got Gak and I the first DVD of the new Full Metal Panic! series. The first episode was really good, can't wait to watch the rest. We did go to the movies this afternoon. We went and saw Night at the Museum. It was worth going to. A very family friendly movie without being dumbed down or stupid. There were many, many nods to various other movies and stories. The three of us enjoyed it quite a bit.

Oh, update. As far as pictures go, I doubt I'll be posting any for a while. I left my camera at the Atlanta airport and when I called about it yesterday, Delta didn't have anything matching it. If luck is truly on my side, I'll get a call tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still really mad at myself about it, but I will live. I'll probably pick up another one soon, it really spoiled me having it. Oh well.

Gak and I are home now. I'll be home this week, then back on the road next week. *Sigh* I feel like I'm on a stinking merry-go-round that won't stop. Oh well. It could be worse.
Well, I'm going through game withdrawal, so I'm going to log in now. I hope everyone had a great new year's eve. Peace to all now and through the coming year.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

We went to see Night at the Museum on Saturday night. My favorite "other movie reference" was when the cowboy and Octavius were letting the air out of the tire, and the cowboy says "I'm not gonna quit you!" Any Brokeback references get two thumbs up from me. ;)

Happy New Year!