Friday, July 31, 2009


Well, the major hair pulling at work is done. I got everyone to a place where they could submit yesterday. Some things still need resolution, but at least reports are in. I didn't like all the answers I got and some things were totally out of my control, but... that's life. (One answer a customer got from the people running the submission software, not the agency itself, made me ask "What size orange jumpsuit do you want?" Needless to say, we didn't follow that advice.)
Boo is doing better. He's almost back to happy boy. He still has a bit of a cough and is feeling a bit off. He's still not eating much though. It might have been teeth coming in, but I'm not sure. He's up to a total of 6 teeth up top and 2 cute little lonely ones on the bottom. I wish I knew what was bugging him though. Oh well, as Gak reminded me yet again yesterday, he'll eat when he's hungry.
Speaking of Boo eating, he's almost all weaned. He doesn't have a preference for bottle or cup... well, maybe slightly more for cup than bottle. I've stopped pumping (yay!) and yesterday, even though I was home in the morning, he only nursed at night. And well, I'm not so sure it was nurse as suckle but not drink. I've been more or less following the thought of "don't offer, don't refuse", except at bedtime. I still offer then. Maybe in a week or so I won't even do that. It's been about a 1-2 month process so far. Other than me not pumping at work, there really hasn't been a whole lot of "this is how it's going to be" decisions going on. Supply was getting lower and the boy didn't seem to care what kind of milk he got. Actually, now he seems to prefer regular milk. I'll miss it, but hey that's life. I sure don't miss the pumping at work.

Ok, that was probably TMI. Sorry about that guys. That's what I get for blogging first thing in the morning.

Anyhow, I worked from home yesterday morning because Gak had a doctor's appointment around noon. He wanted me to go along with him. I'm glad. You see, he was going to talk to our doctor about a demon that he's been fighting for quite some time now. He had it under control, but in the last 3 months or so, it's gotten a bit out of control. That demon is none other than Depression. Which means there's only so much I can do to help. I hate feeling that powerless. And I'm sure it's even worse for him. I am glad to say that I'm not familiar with that particular demon on a first name basis myself, but I've seen it attack several of my friends. It's never pretty and there's only so much anyone can do to help. Well, all I can do is be there for him and be his rock to cling to. And make sure he gets the help he not only needs, but wants. (That's the key... wanting the help.)
I know things have been rough for him for a while. I've seen it in small shifts in his behaviors and attitudes. Recent events sure haven't helped him any. I just hope I can make the road a little smoother for him. I can't travel it, but I can at least call in the pavers to help with some of the potholes so he doesn't have to hit every single one of them.

Anyhow, it's getting on towards my time to leave for work. One last day this week and then free for the weekend. We don't have anything planned that I know of, but I think I said that last weekend too. We will see.

Peace to all and may your journeys be as enjoyable as possible.

No comments: