Friday, July 03, 2009

New Phone and Long Weekends

Well, we went and did it yesterday.
Gak and I got our new phones. I won't deny that his iPhone is very cool. I want one, but only because it's a really cool toy and is shiny and neat.... and.... Oh, wait... where was I?
Anyhow, this is a picture of my new phone. It's the LG CF360. I tried out 3 or 4 yesterday. This is the one that I'd been looking at the last time I was there. I kept handing them to Boo to see if he would/could slide them open. Well, the first one I handed him he dropped in about half a second flat. I guess he didn't like it. There was one or two that I didn't even bother to hand him. The next one he held onto for about a second, but didn't deem it worthy either. This one, however, he held onto and happily shook until I had to take it out of his hands. I think he liked it. No, he never did try and slide it open or chew on it. We'll see how boy proof it is when I leave it sitting somewhere within his grasp.
So far I'm happy with it. It fits easily in my hand, sounds good and has just enough options to make me happy. It's got the phone, the camera, it will actually send photo messages instead of blanking out on me... It's got a calendar I can use to put reminders and things on, an alarm clock and several other useful little features. It's just what I need and not too much more. I can do more with it, but it'll cost me an arm and a leg because I don't have a data plan, other than my $5/200 message adder. That thought alone will keep me in check.
I'll let you know how everything goes in a couple of weeks... if I remember. If I don't, it's because it's become a ubiquitous part of my life and I'm just not paying attention to it, and that's how a phone should be.

Anyhow, this post wasn't supposed to just be about my new phone.
Today is the beginning of a 3-day weekend for me! Yay! And Gak actually has both Saturday and Sunday off! I like that thought. Unfortunately, he has to work all day today.
Today the game plan is for me to drop Gak off and work and then for Boo and I to head off and get the laundry out of the way. Then we'll be on our way down to GrammaSue's. (I think Boo is actually saying Amma and meaning Gramma these days.... so he's up to Momma, Dadda and Amma....) I was thinking of heading over to Tyler Arboretum this afternoon, or maybe just the Nature Center. I'm not sure. It depends on Boo and the weather I'm guessing.
Tomorrow is still a bit up in the air as to what we're doing. I don't think anyone has real plans yet. Maybe I'll see if Kat/Scott/Joan etc. want to just throw some dogs or burgers on at her place and sit by the fire for the evening. Although, in order to see the fire works, all I have to do is sit in my kitchen. I'm not sure how Boo will do though... last year he was well asleep by the time of fireworks and it was pouring anyhow so there weren't really any to go see. I'm sure he'll be fine... but maybe not if we're watching from home...
Sunday will be another grand adventure. In only the way it can be with my group of friends. (So yes, that means inject a HUGE dose of chaos right about.... here.)
To make a long and confusing story a bit shorter and hopefully make a little more sense... Kat and Joan were going to take the kids camping this weekend from Saturday through Tuesday. Well, after surviving the normal chaos that surrounds all we do... it turns out that We're going up to Knoebles on Sunday and while Gak, Boo and I are going to come home Sunday evening, everyone else is going to camp overnight there. I wish we could, but there is no way I'd be able to take off Monday. (See previous post about reporting month...) Oh well. There will be other weekends this summer.

Anyhow, I'd better wrap this up. It's getting a little long winded and if you've stuck with me this long, you either really love me, or more than likely, you're really bored. *laugh*

Anyhow, peace to all and may your weekends be good and your phone work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have fun with the LO.

Download Goosync if you need to symc up diff calendars (uses google calendar as the medium)