Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting Better

I'm so glad this reporting month is almost over. It's been a bear. I still have a mountain of work ahead of me in the next 3 days, but it's not insurmountable.

Yesterday, according to Gak, it was like a switch went off in Boo around 9am. All of a sudden he became smiling boy again. He wasn't 100% back to normal, but overall he and GrammaSue had a good day. He still wasn't eating much and being a real snot and throwing what he didn't want onto the floor. It's one thing when he puts it over the side. We used to let him do that with the Bumbo because it was just landing on the table. But when he actively throws it, that's not acceptable. Unfortunately, there's only so much reasoning you can do with an almost 14-month old. Oh well. Maybe he'll eat today.
Boo definitely seems to understand conversation and the flow of things. His "talk" definitely has flow to it and a conversational tone. I just wish I understood what he was trying to tell us! He's so cute and funny though. I really do love him to bits even if some days he's not my favorite person. That's allowed, I'm sure there will be days he "hates" me too. (Actually, I think that was Sunday, especially when I kept going after him with a tissue.)

Mom and I have successfully (for now) foiled the boy from getting into the cabinets in the living room. We managed to install the latches with only one that I had to re drill the holes for because I placed it too low on the door. Oh well. We'll see how long it takes him to figure this new adventure out. I think I placed the one a little far in so it opens a little further than I like. Luckily he can really only get at big stuff from that side and won't be able to do too much damage... I hope.... I'm sure this will keep him frustrated and occupied for about a week or two.

Well, just thought I'd let you know that we have a happier boy who slept through the night (wish I had!). I'd better wrap this up and get my butt out the door if I want to get in early enough to make it worth while...

Peace to all and may your days be filled with smiles.

No comments: