Saturday, June 30, 2007

Home Again!

Today I am being lazy. I slept in (well, mostly slept) until almost 9:30! (This is very rare, even on weekends I'm usually out of bed by 8 at the latest.)
Yesterday was an interesting travel day. It was so very hard to get motivated and out the door, but I managed it and managed to get to the airport early. I did, however, forget to gas up the rental, so it cost more than it should have. Oops.
I'm glad I got in early though. For the first time in 2.5 years of lots of flying, I was actually at the airport when there was a security shut-down. I had just gotten off the phone with Gak and had gone over to Starbucks to get a Chi and a scone (addicted...) for breakfast/lunch when there's this announcement. (I tend not to pay a lot of attention to these as there are always tons of announcements looking for passengers and announcing flights etc.) I pay attention to this one because it sounded different. It was an announcement from the sheriff's department telling all airlines to stop boarding planes and shutting down security.
Huh?
What's going on?
I never did find out, but about 20-30 minutes later the head of security or the airport or something was walking by with his radio. I heard something about 'found the person involved' and that everything was good to go again. Needless to say, this made my flight delayed a little bit as the inbound plane had been sitting on the tarmac for about a half hour and wasn't allowed to come to the gate and offload passengers so we could get on. Oops. I also had a small delay in Cincinnati, but nothing unusual there.
I did manage to watch a beautiful sunset out the window of the airplane on my second flight. It is amazing how fast the sun sets when you're flying east and north. I guess when I fly west to China in August it'll set really slowly. Although, I think I might be on a polar flight, instead of directly across the Pacific. We'll see and I'll let ya know.
Today is a lazy day. I think I'll try and do the laundry tonight so I don't have to tomorrow. I was originally supposed to go up to Kanobels with Kat and company, but I begged off cause I'm too tired. I would have had fun, but I also would have had to been up and moving well before 8 am. I knew that wasn't going to happen. Oh well, next time I hope. Tomorrow is hopefully a lazy day as well. Gak's been working all day for the last week and is exhausted. (His boss was on vacation and since he's the only employee..... at least this means lots of overtime in the next pay check.)
Peace to all and may your travel adventures be few and the sunsets beautiful!

No comments: