Thursday, November 01, 2012

November

Well, it's November again.  How did that happen?  I haven't a clue.

All I do know is that I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and especially this week.

I'm thankful that my boy is growing and healthy.  And boy is he growing!  He's just shy of 40 pounds fully dressed.  So, that means he's big enough that we removed the harness from his booster seat and he just "goes click!" now.  Yep, his booster is really just a high-backed belt positioner.  We did that last week.

But, what I'm most thankful for is the fact that we survived the hurricane with as little damage as we did.  We lost power from almost 9:00 Monday night until about 2:00 Tuesday afternoon.  I have friends that are still without power and it is Thursday night.  Some may not get it back before Sunday.

It was an interesting few days of the storm.  The week after has been even more interesting.  Gak's been out of work since he closed on Saturday as the store doesn't have power.  Thankfully, he will be back at work, unfortunately, no work equals no pay.  I'm thankful that I was able to work from home Monday and I was able to make it in to work for a few hours Tuesday to finish up a few things that had to get done by the end of the day.  (Thanks EPA for not extending the reporting deadline for the storm...)

Anyhow, I'm going to attempt to post daily in November.  I'm going to attempt to find something I'm thankful for every day, even if I have to look very, very hard.

Anyhow, I've got a few things I want to do before bed, so I'm going to wrap it up here.

No comments: