Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dinner

Tonight I'm thankful I had a little overtime in my check.  I'm thankful that I had a few hours of overtime so that I could take my wonderful husband out to a very nice (or at least a nicer and much more expensive than our usual) dinner for my birthday.

Yes, yes, my birthday isn't until Friday.  But, I'm not trying to go out to dinner on Black Friday, or any day that weekend.  Nope, gonna stay close to home next weekend.

That, and I had babysitters this weekend.

Anyhow, since it was my birthday it was totally my choice in restaurant. After going back and forth a bit, I decided that I really wanted to take Gak to the Melting Pot.  I mean, Amanda, Joan, Jenn and I had such a great time at the one in AC back in September.  Instead of just having a meal and then looking at each other and going "now what" an hour later, going to the Melting Pot or somewhere like it turns the meal into an event.  Sure, I spent a good bit more than dinner and a movie (there are no movies playing this weekend that I really want to see...).  I spent more than double our normal nice evening out.  But, you know what?  It's my birthday, we don't go out to anything remotely "nice" very often, especially since Boo was born and like I said, I had a little bit of overtime in this check.  We totally enjoyed ourselves, had a bit of fun and a good evening over all.  I'm just glad I got to spend at least 4 hours of uninterrupted awake time with my wonderful husband without having to chase a boy.

But, I'm exhausted now and my bed is calling to me.  I'm hoping a boy-o sleeps in tomorrow.  (Yeah, I know, wishful thinking... he did just now go to bed though... so... awww... who am I kidding??)

Peace to all and may you be able to splurge on yourself now and again, and even better, splurge with someone you love.

No comments: