Sunday, December 04, 2011

Three and a Half!

Can you believe that Boo is three and a half years old!  Yes, yes, it was three days ago, but it's been a little busy.  (No, I don't have any more updates on Joan...)

Looking at the pictures I took a few days ago the biggest thing I'm struck by is "when did he get so big?!  When did he turn into a boy?  Where did my baby go??"   Yes, I go through this every few months when I take these pictures.  But it seems that the difference between three and three and a half is huge!  I mean, almost as huge as between birth and six months.  Maybe he hasn't physically grown much taller or put on much more weight, but boy the changes he's gone through.

Let's see, I'm not quite sure the last time I did one of these "developmental" updates.  So, we'll just take his accomplishments over the last six months from the top.  These are in the order I come up with them, not always in chronological order.

He can ride his tricycle.  I mean fully pedal the trike.  He's been pushing around with his feet on the ground for quite some time, but it wasn't until September or so that he actually started using the pedals.  He can actually pedal all the way to the end of the block and back.  Not very fast and he wanders a bit, but that's more his personality than anything.

He knows all his letters and will actually identify them when you ask if he's in the mood.  He has a couple of letter games on my phone and his Mobi-Go the he likes.  I do believe the only reason he's not actually reading is because he just hasn't quite realized what he's doing.  That and he doesn't like to answer questions so I never am quite sure what he knows or not.  Yes, he is my son....

He still likes his numbers and will gladly count to twenty.  Except about 99 times out of 100 he'll skip "16".  I asked him about this and his answer was "because 16 is always sick."  Go figure.

Speaking of games, we can actually play several together.  He loves Memory, Candyland and our version of dominoes.  We've tried Chutes and Ladders once, but it didn't go over so well.  He'll get it in time.  He now can and does get absorbed in his Mobi-Go and a few games on my DS and my phone.  He's really adept at the whole technology thing.  Of course, he's been exposed to it from almost the beginning.  He still loves, loves, loves his books though.

His imagination is a wonderful place to be.  I get lost there frequently and often.  The things he comes up with are amazing.  The stories he concocts with his stuffed friends and the things he turns his toys into are amazing.  They usually have me laughing at some point.

He carries himself differently.  It's hard to describe, but I guess there's a little more confidence or something there. There is a definite difference. He now carries himself like a little boy.  I can't quite tell you what the difference is, but anyone who has been around or worked with kids knows what I'm talking about.

There are so many other little changes.  He's expressing his opinion more, and more often with words along with tears.  Of course, you ask him why he won't do/eat something and you'll usually end up with the answer "I don't".

Anyhow, there's probably much more.  I'm just being distracted, so I'll wrap it up here.

Peace to all and may you constantly be amazed by your loved ones.

No comments: