Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Solstice

Tonight is the longest night of the year.  This is a time of reflection and of hope.  Starting tomorrow the days will begin to get a bit longer with each passing day.  While the weather will actually get colder and more miserable, the daylight will be returning.
Tonight we reflect on all that has left us this year and all that has happened.
I'm thankful that I've lost no one in my close family.  Yes, Joan lost her mom this year, but I've covered that before, and I'm not going to go into that now.  I'm thankful that while some of my family members may have health issues, we're all relatively healthy and whole.

I'm thankful for the love of my family, especially those near and dear to me that have left this world.  I'm thankful for the love of my Gram.  I'm thankful for the time I got with Gak's father.  I'm thankful for all they've taught me and all I've learned from them as well.

I had more thoughts, but they seem to be dribbling out my ear as Gak watches last year's Doctor Who Christmas special.

So, I'm going to sign off from here and try and reflect on the turning of the wheel and be thankful for the return of the daylight that will come with the dawn.

Peace to all and may the sun shine on you all.

No comments: