Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Sun!!


All I can say is I'm so thankful for warm, sunny dry days.  After the rain and gray and cold all last week, this week's weather has been like heaven.
Needless to say, I've taken advantage of it.  Monday after work Amma, Boo and I went to Target to return a bathing suit I bought Boo.  (I bought an 18 month one figuring it would be a little snug by the end of summer, but that would be OK.  Well, it was a little snug in the crotch, so back it went for a 2T.)  We then picked up Amma's car from Poppa, since the weather had been very icky and she'd let him drive it to work.  Amma, Boo and I head over to the dinner for diner and just as we ordered, Gak called and said that the game had been canceled.  So, I ordered him a sandwich and he walked over.  It was nice to have dinner the 4 of us.  It would have been better if the whole family was there, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
Yesterday and today were both so beautiful that I just had to take Boo over to the playground both days.  Apparently, I wasn't the only one with that idea.  It was quite a busy place.  Boo walked all around, played with the bells, spun the blocks and had me push him on the swing.  By far, the best part of the time to him was going down the slide and up the steps and down the slide and up the steps and... you get the picture.  He did this by himself about a dozen or two times before he wanted to wander off.  Today it was a toss up between the slide and wanting to go back to the car for Trey.  This picture is from yesterday (wearing a great hand me down T-shirt from his cousin Aden) taken with my phone.  Is he too cute or what?  Note to self, jeans hide playground dirt much better than khakis!
This nice weather is supposed to hold for a couple of more days and that will be wonderful.  I can't tell you how gray I was beginning to feel.  It's amazing how a little sunshine will make everything so much better.

Work continues and there's some speculation going on around the office as to what all is going to happen.  In most cases, I'm content to just ride it out, but there are some day to day things that I'd like answers too.  Next week some guys from the New Corporate will be around for a morning and show us a presentation and answer some questions.  Unfortunately, since the deal won't be final yet, we can't ask the HR kinds of questions most of us are itching to ask.  Oh well, soon enough we'll have some answers.  I'm still feeling pretty positive about this, but we'll see how it is in a couple of months once the pain of transition has really started.

Well, I'm off to do something for a bit, not sure what.

Peace to all and may the sun shine on you.

No comments: