Wednesday, March 24, 2010

EWWWWWWW

Well, this is NOT how I wanted to spend this evening....
You see, Gak and I have had a mysterious rash for the last few weeks, maybe longer, I've lost track.  It's only been on my arms and a little on my legs, and on Gak's arms and back.  It's gotten worse the last week or so.

Well, we figured out what the source has been....

Bedbugs.  Yep, nasty little bloodsucking insects.

Where did they come from?  When did they show up?  And how, in the name of all that is holy, could they live on a WATERBED??
I don't know.  And I really don't care.  Yes, mom, I'm sure my housekeeping skills or lack there of had something to do with it.  Yes, I'm beating myself up about it and am embarrassed to all anything over it.  I mean, who gets bedbugs?  Well, it turns out lots of people do these days... they've been coming back with a vengeance  (that doesn't look like it's spelled right, but that's what spell checker said was right...).
Anyhow, Andy came over with Kat and Zoe to drain the bed and investigate and see what was really going on.  Just about everything cloth that was in our bedroom has been bagged up and will be washed tomorrow.  I need to buy new pillows (I'd bought two in the last year!) and a new mattress cover.  I'm probably going to buy new sheets too, as my current set are about 10 years old now and have seen better days.  I'm not even going to think about how much this is going to cost me in quarters.  The bed's been sprayed and is empty and will be refilled at some point (maybe in a few days... depends on Andy's schedule...)
They have not invaded Boo's room, so that's a blessing.

Anyhow, Gak's sleeping on the sofa tonight and I'll be sleeping on the twin bed in Boo's room.  I guess it's a good thing we haven't gotten him to sleep there yet, huh?  Yes, I'm still pretty grossed out by the whole ordeal and will be for days I think.  This is worse than lice... this is the ultimate invasion of privacy by insects. Ick!

Anyhow, I've got to go move the truck and hope that my son's asleep enough that he won't notice me coming into his room.  I'm not sure if I'm going to do laundry in the morning or wait until after work.  Part of me wants to do it in the morning and get it over with, but I really don't want to miss work.  I don't think I have anything until noon, so I just might call in and take a few hours personal and show up in time for the training.

Peace to all and may your home not be invaded by pests, human, insect or otherwise.

No comments: