Saturday, March 06, 2010

21 Months and Other Stuff

Well, I'm a few days late with this update, but that's nothing new.  Thursday Boo had his 21-month checkup.  He's officially 33 inches tall, 25.5 lb and has a head circumference of 19".  This puts him at the 50% mark for height and head, and around the 25th for weight.  He's also doing just fine with all the "developmental" questions.  So, Dr. C confirmed that yes, we have a happy, healthy, thriving little boy.  Of course, this was accompanied by a lot of screaming on Boo's part.  He was just fine when we got there and looking at the fish tank and just hanging out.  (I'm really thinking that we might want to at least get a Beta.... if only for my own entertainment...) As soon as we head back and get to the door between the waiting room and the exam rooms he realizes he's at the doctor's and starts screaming his fool head off.  Oh well, eventually he'll get over that.  He doesn't get any shots next time, so that's nice.
Today we start our parent/toddler swim class.  I'm so excited about it.  Boo has no idea what's going on even though I've told him.  We'll see how it goes.  I hope it goes well.  I'd really like it if he likes the water half as much as I do.  We shall see though.  It may be a bit rocky if the pool is as cool as it was Tuesday evening.

After swimming this morning it's going to be a bit hectic though.  We've got to get changed, go over to the bowling alley to drop Boo and his car seat off with Grammy Voce (Kat's mom) where he'll hang with Mel, Ant and Zoe for the morning/afternoon.  Then we'll drop off the car at Gak's work and then Joan, Kat and I will head over to Ray Sr.'s funeral.  Yeah, I so wish it was for something fun.  I went to the viewing last night and despite the sad occasion it was good to see a handful of people I haven't seen in ages.  I just wish it didn't  take something like this to get us all together.  Ray Sr. went way too soon.  He was only 2 years older than my mom.  That's a really scary thought.  My mom's not old.  (Although, I have to keep reminding myself how old I am and that she is my mom after all... so isn't as young as I think...)

So, it's going to be a mixed day of ups and downs.  I'm sure I'll be exhausted from it all by the end of the day.  Luckily we don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow.
I'm off to get ready.

Peace to all and may your checkups be good, and your friends there for you.

No comments: