Thursday, October 15, 2009

Productive?

Well, I have a husband home again, and that makes me happy. I'm glad he got to go to his brother's wedding, but I did miss him while he was gone. Boo, on the other hand, didn't really seem too put out by it. That, while it may break Gak's heart, is a good thing over all.
Last night I had to stay up kinda late, well, really late for me, to let him in. He'd left his keys here so they wouldn't get lost. This meant I had time last night. I thought about logging my little, well not so little any more, monk in, but I just didn't feel like it. Instead, I worked on something that's been bugging me. A sweater I started before I even knew I was pregnant with Boo. Yep, 2 years in the process. I'd all the pieces except the hood done, so I sewed them all together. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the hood, but I think I will. The sweater is very warm and snuggly, but not too bulky, which is nice. It fits fairly well too, which is a good thing. It may be a "Friday" sweater at work, but mostly a weekender. I decided that I would do the hood after all and made some nice progress on that as well. No, no pictures yet, I was too tired and like daylight for this.

I just wish I could be this productive at work. Despite how busy we are and how much I've got to get done, I've got a huge case of "don't give a damn" right now and am easily distracted by anything remotely shiny. *Sigh* The price I pay for having a boss who really didn't care for 4 years, I got lazy and it's been a hard fight to get back to the top of my game. I'm no where near that yet and it frustrates the snot out of me. Bah.

But, speaking of work, I'd better go get dressed and wake Gak because I hear a boy stirring.

Peace to all and may you be able to get things done.

No comments: