Sunday, August 30, 2009

Over Already?

This weekend can't be over already. We just started. It's still Friday evening, right? No? It's Sunday. Snot. I don't wanna go to work tomorrow!!
Anyhow, this weekend has just flown past. Yesterday started out like normal. Gak went to work, Boo and I did laundry. Then we came home and he slept a little and I tried to get started on a few projects, but didn't make it. We did get to play a lot. And a lot of grilled cheese sandwich ended up on the floor. (I've probably thrown out 4 times more food than my son has eaten in the last few weeks... I'm getting tired of it, but know there's not much I can do about it.)
After Gak got off work we went up to BabiesRUs and the Warhammer store. I picked up two outfits on clearance for next summer for Boo, this really neat place mat thing (that apparently Boo hates *sigh*) and the main reason for the trip, a new umbrella stroller. Yes, it's too short for Gak to use comfortably, but we're going to modify it, with a little help from Kat. We're going to fashion some handle extenders to bolt on to the existing ones to give an extra 6 to 10 inches to the height of the stroller handles. This will make it much better for Gak. And we'll put them in parallel to the existing ones and make them removable, so I can remove them to use the stroller if I want. Having this lightweight stroller will make it so much easier for Gak walking Boo to daycare. It's a royal pain just getting the boy or the big stroller up and down the stairs, let alone both. Now he'll be able to carry one in each hand.
Anyhow, this morning we spent a good bit of time cleaning. I was catching up on the dishes and trying to clean the counters in the kitchen while Gak tried to clean up the bathroom after all the construction. Overall, we didn't do too bad. It could still use some major work, but everything is "clean enough" for every day use. I'm happy with the bathroom. Actually, the paint job could look like crap and the ceiling have gaps in it and I'd still be happy as long as it was "done".
Then we headed up to the Rod and Custom show where my friend Keith was working and Kat and Scott were. It was a bit rough on Gak. You see, cars were his dad's thing, especially the classics and NASCAR. So, this carried a lot of emotional weight for him. But, I think it was good for him too. It gave him an opportunity to tell his son alll about his Grampa Jim. I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since we lost him. I know I miss him, I can only imagine what Gak feels.
And no, I don't have any pictures. There were many, many beautiful and awesome cars and trucks, but I was too busy drooling and talking to friends to actually get the camera out of my bag. Oops. There are several I wish I'd been able to get pictures of. Oh well, next year maybe.
After the show we headed down to Kat's and dropped the boy off there. She was kind enough to watch him so Gak and I could go out for our anniversary dinner. We didn't do anything all that special. I kinda wish we'd gone somewhere nicer, but the budget just wouldn't let us (that and we're just not dress-up kind of people). We did, however, have a nice meal at Chilli's where we didn't have to try and get a fussy toddler to try and sit still or eat something. That was nice all on it's own.
Boo had a good time with Aunt Kat and Zoe when she got home.
And in Boo news, the boy is almost fully a "toddler" now. That's right, he's walking on his own. Not all the time and not for long distances, but he'll walk at least part way across the floor and without our prompting. In all honesty, I think it's because I got him new sneakers earlier in the week and he's been wearing them. For some kids you take them out of shoes and they take off, for him, you put him in the shoes and it gave him just enough confidence to do it all on his own. Not that he likes wearing shoes mind you, he is my son after all. But they've helped get him a little more independent.
No, I don't have photos or video of that yet either. Yes, I've been a bad momma and just not gotten the camera out this week. It stinks, but that's what it is. Hopefully this week will be better.
Boo turns 15 months old on Tuesday and Thursday he has a checkup. I can't believe he's this old already!

Well, I'm going to sign off here. I've got a few things I'd like to fiddle with before bed.

Peace to all and may your weekends last.

No comments: