Monday, August 17, 2009

Rhythm & Blues

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. That's not to say I haven't wanted to from time to time this last week. I've just been in a bit of a funk and trying (unsuccessfully if you ask Gak) to keep my funk to myself.
A good part of the funk is the whole plumbing thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have new pipes throughout the building. I just want my ceiling back and the place cleaned up and everything back to some form of normal. I think what bothers me so is that from where I'm standing, it looks like such an uphill climb to get everything back to approaching normal. I mean, I'm a lousy cleaner to begin with and this has just made everything so much worse. It's just frustrating and depressing.
The other part of the funk is work. Overall it goes well, but I'm feeling a bit unsettled. I'm a creature of habit, I'll not deny that. I like routines and procedures and process that I know and are followed. It provides some sort of comfort to my otherwise chaotic mind. If all else fails I've got the process to fall back on, to keep things in perspective, let me know where I stand. Right now, I don't have any of that really.
I have no idea what my real role is with the parts group. I can't see the pattern of the flow of the group for all the chaos that surrounds it. I know there's a rhythm here, I just can't hear it yet. I have no idea what role I really have with the support group any more. And the kicker is, I don't think anyone does. Nope, this is all just being done off the cuff. And, well, I may not be the most predictable of people when it comes to my thought processes or things like that, I like to know where I stand in the greater scheme of things.
So, between the unsettledness at work and the forced chaos at home, I've been in a bit of a funk and just unsettled in general. When I get like this the last thing I want to do is write.

I do have some fun news though. Boo is beginning to create. Or at least make his mark on the world. A few weeks back I bought Boo some Tadoodles crayons (8th item down). He picked them out. He seems to like them. The big problems is that he was trying to eat them and also to draw with the plastic bottom, not the crayon. Well, I decide to do a quick little search on Etsy, remembering that I'd seen some crayons in the past that were big round bulbs at one end an a point at the other. Well, I found a couple that I wanted to buy. I ordered two different ones. So far we've only received the ones from BrookeFRECKLES. I ordered the 3-pack of Star crayons. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with the quality of these. And she's so friendly and checked in to make sure everything was right. Boo seems to enjoy them too. Within about 30 seconds of getting one in his hot little hands he was able to make marks on paper like a pro! And he's yet to try and eat these. I have pictures, but they're still on the camera.
I'm still waiting for this one to arrive. I haven't heard from the seller, but hopefully I'll get the crayon to arrive by the end of the week. I thought this looked like a great option for little hands.
I really like Etsy. I wish I could afford to buy more things off there.

Well, I've procrastinated long enough at work. I'd better get something real done.

Peace to all and may the rhythms of your life make sense.

No comments: