Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Phone Review

This week is interesting so far at work. I'm beginning to learn the parts department part of my job. I don't have much to say at the moment except... well... there's room for improvement....
I'm not going to talk about work tonight.
I don't think I'll talk about the boy (too much) tonight.
No, what I realized the other night is that I said back a month ago that I'd let you know how I like my new phone, the LG C360, after a while.
Well, it's been a while.
The short version, I like it... I really truly like it. There are still a few little quarks I'm getting used to, but mostly because it's just a little different than my old phone.
I'll start with the few down sides I've seen so far. The screen is pretty hard to see in bright daylight. The text entry method is pretty cool over all, especially if you have the word predictive feature turned on (this will actually predict the next word you want to type) in order to enter numbers it's a slightly annoying process, but not too bad.
And that's about the only bad things I have to say. I've only called someone from my pocket once. The slide is nice and solid and usually stays shut when you shove it into your pocket. The ring is nice and loud. Sound quality of conversations is good. The camera, while not as good as my point-n-shoot is good enough for what it is. I mean, come on, it's a camera phone, not a Nikon DSLR. I use it to capture the random cute moments of my son when I don't have my camera with me... or the spontaneous something I want to share, not take a real photograph of. The battery life is decent enough. I've been getting about 4 days per charge if I let it drain all the way. If I forget and get to the point where it beeps at you, it'll beep twice and then shut off instead of just keeping up it's annoying racket. The buttons are responsive and the menus make sense for the most part.
So, yeah, overall I like my new phone. And I think Gak is still in love with his iPhone. I think we got the phones right this time.

Anyhow, I've been poking at this for a while now... listening to my son sing in his crib. I also listened to a preview on G4 for my brother's current project: Saboteur. It sounds like G4 was pretty impressed with it and it's got some unique features. Looks like it could be fun. It's release date is slated for December 8th, just in time for holiday gifting. (Yes, I'm pumping up my brother's project. I want it to do well so he continues to do well. He likes the company he's with and it seems to be going in good directions.)
Oh, on other random news bits... my brother and Becca are finally moving in together. No, they didn't buy a place, they're renting. They're renting a townhouse in the community they eventually want to buy in. I think it'll be great. I hope their move goes smoothly and they can find a unit to actually own soon.

Well, I think I've rambled enough. I'm off. I picked up one of the "new" Puzzle Quest games for my DS. I say "new" because it actually came out in 2008, but I haven't really bought or played much since before Boo was born. Oh, side note, don't buy Myst for your DS. The graphics suck and without the graphics, the game isn't playable.

Peace to all and may your technology be good to you.

No comments: