Thursday, February 05, 2009

Catching My Breath

Yesterday was so much better than Tuesday.  If only because Boo slept, and therefore I was able to.  I actually overslept!
It snowed overnight.  We only got a couple of inches.  That's OK.  It was enough and cold enough that I wasn't about to make my boys walk.  Therefore, I worked from home in the morning.  Or at least I tried to.  I just couldn't get my act together or was able to connect or anything.  It wasn't much better the rest of the day at the office, but I did get a few things accomplished.  There's too much else to do though.  I've got to get my butt in gear and stay that way.  I've got 2 weeks to totally re-write an entire 2-day section of my week-long seminar.  I've felt what I have has stunk for a while now, but never knew what, exactly, to do about it.  I didn't know how to restructure it or make it make any more sense.  Well, in poking around on my bookcase looking for something for one of the new guys last week, I found the original training I took waaaay back in 2001.  Why the heck didn't we keep doing it that way?  Or at least using most of it?  It makes sense!  It's put together well!  It's in a logical order and has lots of information!  Admittedly, some of the information goes in other parts of my course now and that course was only a 2 day reporting course, and this is a full week of everything.  But there's tons of good stuff and organization!  And exercises!  *Pounds head on desk*  Why didn't I look at that silly thing earlier??  So, I've got to re-write half the course because of the reporting changes anyway.  My next session is the week of March 9th.  This means that by March 1st I need to get my updated files to Judi for printing.
And I've got lots of reporting stuff to clean up before the 15th as well.
Can I panic now?

Anyhow, we found me a new desk for my cube and we'll be moving things around again.  Probably not until Monday at this rate, but that's OK.  I just want to get everything set up again so I can get more done.

I'm not sure I have much else to say other than I've got lots of pictures on the camera that need to be downloaded.  I've just been too tired and a bit too lazy to do anything about it.  I know that's why everyone comes here, to see pictures of my cute little boy not listen to me ramble on.

Speaking of the cute little boy, I hear him coughing a lot in his room, so I'd better go see.

Peace to all and may your days be good ones.

No comments: