Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Wrapup

I don't want to go to work!
Well, I don't.
It has been a nice break being home most of the past week.  Luckily, I'll be able to do the same this week, only having to work Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday.  But, come the end of this week it will be hell month again.
Yes, it's reporting month AGAIN already.  I'm ignoring that for now.
We really didn't do much the rest of the weekend.  Christmas day was good, even if Boo was a bit cranky off and on all day down at GrammaSue and PopPop's.  We all got some very nice things and enjoyed each other's company.  Jon liked the game we bought him and Becca loved the scarf I made.  It looked really good on the black sweater she was wearing.  Hanuka dinner was yummy and everyone ate too much as always.  We didn't stay long after that because Boo was getting very, very cranky.  He did fall asleep before we even hit 202.  He woke up long enough when we got home for me to get him into bed.  He really is a sweet little boy.  I miss him so much when I have to go to work.
I do have more pictures.  I just hate trying to post them here.  Blogger isn't very picture friendly when you have multiple pictures to put in a post.  Oh well.  I guess that's one of the drawbacks of a free site.  I really don't mind though, because most of the time I'm just posting one or two.  I'll just have to point you in the direction of my Flickr.  There are many, many more there.  And if you want to see all the crocheted gifts I made this year, just click on the "Crochet" set.  (You may have to go back a page or so to find it...)
Anyhow, other than the family gathering Thursday, the last several days have been nice and low key.  Boo has enjoyed spending more time sitting on the floor playing with his toys lately.  He's sitting very well.  He'll even ease himself to the floor from time to time to grab something.  He can't get back up yet (or maybe it's won't, I'm not sure...) and hasn't quite gotten to the crawl stage.  You can tell he's thinking about it though.  
Of course, knowing him, he'll crawl a time or two and then just stop.  It's like his rolling over.  I caught him once rolling from his back to his front, and never again.  I didn't even know he could go front to back until GrammaSue asked me the other day if he could go back to front because he'd gotten himself onto his back and looked confused.  I think he'll be that stinker in school that just because he can get good grades, doesn't mean he will.  Sometimes the apple doesn't fall far enough from the tree.
Anyhow, just a quick little update to let you know we're still here and doing just fine.  Aunt Michelle is winging her way to Singapore as I type.  It so won't be New Year's without her, but she'll be having a good time over there.  Even though we haven't gotten together all that much over the past year or so, I'll still miss her like crazy.  I mean, before it was just that we didn't get a chance to get together, now with her in Singapore until the end of February and then in June going up to Canada for most of the next two years, it will be much harder.  At least Canada is "local".  Or at least more local than Singapore.
I wish her the best of luck and all the fun adventures she can have.
I'm off to read for a bit before bed.
I don't wanna go to work tomorrow....

Peace to all and may your family gatherings be good and your friends close.

No comments: