Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oops....

Well, I finally did it.  Yep.  Yesterday I finally left my "kit" at work.  And didn't realize it until we got home.
Ugh.
This meant that after I got Boo put down to bed and he was asleep, I had to run all the way down to work and back.  It's not that far really compared to some people's trip.  But, it's still just shy of 16 miles each way.  This meant that my entire "evening" was used up.  Ugh.
I really had wanted to spend some time playing with yarn last night.  Or reading.  Or even blowing things up on the computer.  *sigh*  Such is life.

Work was a totally unproductive day.  We had a "Safety Stand Down", which was supposed to be mandatory.  A lot of people didn't show.  Some, I can understand because they truly were working on customer critical issues.  Some, well... I'm just going to hold my tongue.  Or would that be fingers, since I'm typing?
Anyhow, it was a good thing over all.  I mean, there were a couple of hours that they could have condensed a bit, but whatever.  I'm sure a lot more people in the front office will be taking safety more seriously.  Not that we work in an overly dangerous job, even the guys who go on site.  But there are things that we do, or don't do, that aren't exactly bright.  I hope more of the people don't realize this is a joke.  I mean, I'm no safety queen or anything, but I follow the procedures about safety.  I can at least make sure my own head doesn't get smashed by some random something or crap in my eyes or anything like that.  I may not like some of the safety rules I've run into over the years or like the fact that I have to sit through a poorly done video at almost every site I go to, even if I'm just going to be in the office, but it's done for a reason.  If I don't keep myself safe, who will?

Anyhow, enough of that.  Today will be another wasted day for me at work.  Well, I wouldn't call it wasted because I'll be in training (instead of giving training) on some regulatory things that are coming up.  I need the information.  Unfortunately, with 2 days of meetings this week and 2 holiday days next week, I'm falling even further behind on what needs to get done.  Something's got to give.  I refuse to let it be time with my son and husband.

And speaking of holidays... what do you mean it's already Thanksgiving???  I mean, just last week it was 4th of July and we were having Boo's welcome party.  It can't be the end of November already.  I'm still not finished reporting issues from last month!  I've still got all kinds of things to put together for the week-long seminar I'll be doing at the beginning of next month!  I still have to come up with lists of things that it would be nice if someone got for Boo!  AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ok, major panic averted, only minorly panicked.  Anyhow, if I want to get anything done this morning before waking my son and bundling him off to day care (this is his last full day this week), I'd better run this through spell check and get going.  I think Boo is trying to wake.  I hope he stays asleep for another little bit so I can shower and things like that....

No comments: