Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I'm sure we've all got plenty to be thankful for this year.  I know I do.  I have a happy, healthy, thriving baby boy.  I've got a husband who loves me.  My family and friends are all in good health, although there are some health problems in the families of those I know.  We may not have much money to spare, but we're getting by.  Both Gak and I are gainfully employed, even if we don't always like our jobs or coworkers.  The election is over and come January, a new chapter will be begun for good or ill.
So, yes, there is a lot to be thankful for, even in these crazy, chaotic, messed up times.
Today we went down to GrammaSue and PopPop's house for the day.  We left here about 9:30 because that's when it was nap time now.  We waited until Boo was ready for a nap so that he'd sleep most, if not all, of the way down there and not mess up his schedule too badly.
We had a good day.  GrammaSue made homemade mac 'n' cheese for lunch.  (We have thanksgiving dinner, or supper... not lunch...)  Boo got to spend a lot of time with his PopPop today and was a very good boy.  He took two little naps in his pack-n-play (that thing is a life saver at times!).  We even got to meet the little boy Henry who lives next door.  Henry is just shy of 11 months old.  The boys played for a good 30 minutes or so until Boo suddenly decided he was hungry and tired.
Boo ate a lot today.  He had apple sauce and cereal for early lunch and then nursed some.  Cereal with milk was the order for late lunch.  For dinner he had a good bit of baked sweet potato and a couple of bites of GrammaSue's homemade apple sauce.  He wasn't quite sure of what to make of the added spices, but he still ate it.  You should have seen him go to town on the piece of sweet potato that he had in his mesh bag feeder.  I think there was maybe a baby spoon full of mush left when all was said and done, and that he ate off the spoon.  Of course, he nursed several times over the course of the day.
Right now, I'm listening to Boo talk to himself in his bed.  We left at about 7:15 when he was getting very cranky and sleepy.  He was asleep by the time we got onto the Turnpike, but sure enough, as soon as we stopped when we got home, his eyes popped open.  I was lucky Tuesday that he was asleep enough to barely wake up when we got home.  He'll talk himself to sleep shortly I'm guessing.
Yes, I have lots of pictures from today, but they're still on the camera and I'm being lazy.  I just wanted to say happy thanksgiving and say what a nice day we had today.  I hope to post a lot of pictures in the next few days.  We're doing Thanksgiving again tomorrow night at Aunt Kat's house and Saturday Gak and I are going to see Trans Siberian Orchestra with a bunch of people.  It will be fun.
Anyhow, I'm off to read a few pages before I go thud.
Peace to all and may we remember the little things in life and have good family moments.

No comments: