Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Holiday Ramblings

Well, I had lots to post about yesterday, but I have no idea what it was.  I'm sure it was something interesting and pertinent to the rest of the world, but it's gone now.
Oh, that's right.  I was supposed to be working on Boo's holiday lists.
Yes, I said holiday.
I'm allowed to.
You see, coming from a mixed up crazy family, Boo will celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah.  (Which I can never spell right on the first five tries...)  So, yes, Boo has holiday lists, not Christmas, not Hanukkah, but holiday.
So there.
And , no, I don't really have anything put together.  I can tell you what he needs though.  He could use more long-sleeved onsies.  3-6 month size fits nicely and 6-9 are a tad big, but since winter will be long here... either size works.  Socks are always a good thing for baby toes.  The washer and dryer are good at absconding with one now and again.  If you really want to, I won't stop you from buying diapers.  He's currently in Pampers Swaddlers size 2, but 2-3 would probably fit too.  (Those of you with littles of your own understand what I mean by 2-3... it's the in between size between 2 and 3, so more like 2.5....)
So, that's what he needs.  What he wants, well, I don't have that list together yet.  He's got more books than other toys, but that's not a problem.  He could use some more "interactive" toys since he's getting to that age where he's trying to figure everything out and manipulate things.  Just please, go easy on the noisy toys.  And those of you with littles will remember that I'm the aunt that gives books, craft stuff and non-battery operated toys.  Yes, the craft stuff tends to be messy, but I try and go for age appropriate messy at any rate.  And you can't tell me they weren't fun.  So, go, wander over to Fat Brain Toys and see if anything strikes your fancy.  (You can even exclude toys made in China from your search... yes, I say that a lot, but with all the news lately are you really sure what you're getting even with new safety checks in place on this end?  Besides, should we be rewarding them with our business in general when they treat their own people like dog doo-doo?)

Ok, plug for people to buy my son things over.

I must say, sometimes the ladies at the day care confuse me.  On Thursday they send home that note about me not feeding him enough.  So, we started sending cereal for the afternoon.  Now, when Gak dropped Boo off yesterday (but not when he dropped him off Monday) he was asked why we're feeding him so much cereal.  I'd upped his afternoon cereal to 3 Tb on Monday.  Well, the long and the short of it is... Dr. C wants him to be getting around 6 Tb a day.  So, he gets about 2 Tb in the morning when Gak feeds him, about another 2-3 in the afternoon and maybe 1 or 2 in the evening.  This would be 6 Tb approximately right?  So, what's the problem?  He lets us know when he's done.  He lets you know when you're not shoveling it in fast enough.  We use fruit or veggies and a splash of water to mix it up in the morning, 2 oz milk in the afternoon and either milk or fruit in the evenings depending on what's available.  He's still getting 20+ oz of milk a day.  (4 4oz bottles = 16, plus 2 oz with cereal = 18 and two or three nursings = at least 22-26 oz)  I know they mean the best, but could they stick to "complaining" we either feed him too much or not enough?  Other than that, they take very good care of him and he's happy and healthy when I go to pick him up in the evenings.  (I actually think the one lady is nice, but just doesn't always deal well with the fact that kiddos will do things their own way... but she's good to my boy...)  He doesn't seem to not want to go or unhappy when we drop him off.  Boo just marches to his own drummer when it comes to doing things, and well, the apple didn't fall far from the tree now did it?

Anyhow, enough of that.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and that's a good thing.  Although, I did get a worrisome email from Abi.  Her mom is going into surgery today because of an infection that isn't going away.  It's pretty bad.  I hope everything goes well and that her mom heals quickly.
Well, I'd best be getting my butt into gear so I can make it out the door for one last day of work this week.

Peace to all and may you not have frustrating things to deal with.

No comments: