Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wonderful Day


SugarPeople
Originally uploaded by Addey Rat.

Yesterday was a very wonderful day spent with family.

Before I get too far into the story, I must post a belated Happy Birthday to Gak. We didn't get much time together yesterday, but we made the best of what we did get.

Yesterday was the day of my cousin's son's Bris. No one knew the boy's name, as they were saving it for the naming ceremony. After I dropped Gak off at work, I went down to my parents' house. Mom was making cookies to take and I was just in time to help.
We headed down to Baltimore around 11:30, dad and I both thinking it would take a lot longer than it really did. It was nice in a way, because when we got there the only people there were immediate family. Jenny comes from a HUGE family. Our family isn't.
The ceremony was very nice. It is wonderful to be able to celebrate a new life. According to Rachel, who is a nurse, this ceremony takes less time and causes less stress to the little boy than when they do it at the hospital. Somehow, I don't doubt it. There were cheers and tears all around. We finally learned this little man's name. I don't remember his Hebrew name, although it's very similar to his English name. His name is Daniel Ryan. It turns out that they chose a very appropriate name for him. Ben shared a story, which I can't remember all of, about the name and how it turns out that it fit so well. He's a little cutie and I'm sure he'll be a wonderful handful for mom and dad.
Milo, their dog, seems pretty mellow about the whole deal. He's a good puppy. I loved the little security shirt they had him in.
I can't really begin to say how nice it was to see all the family there. I only knew a few people, most of the people there were either Jenny's family or neighbors. But, at least like uncle Richard said, we weren't outnumbered 10 to 1 this time. (I think it was more than 10 to 1 at the wedding... or at least it felt that way.) It was a beautiful day and a wonderful time. I didn't get home until after 10, but it was worth it.

Oh, I told you I'd post a picture of my new corset. Well, it's up on my Flickr, you may have to actually click on one of the pictures to get to my photo stream to see it, but it's there...

Peace to all and may you have many happy family events.

No comments: