Friday, September 14, 2007

Blah Week

This week wasn't as bad as it could have been. Tuesday was an adventure and a half, but not bad. It has just been long and I'm glad it is Friday.
Like I said Monday, I had 1.5 people this week. Plus the 'new' tech writer as well as one of the new project engineers. It was a good group over all. I'm just cranky with the 3 or 4 other people in the office who said they wanted to come, but completely blew me off. That makes me cranky. I mean, don't ask someone if you can come to a meeting and then that day (even though they had their boss's permission) blow them off. That's just rude. Not to mention potentially expensive to those holding the meeting or class.
I was glad that the tech writer could go. She's on a contract here and only here for a year. She started in March, but I haven't had the time to work with her yet, and no one else in the office has taken the time much either. No wonder she hates the job and feels like an idiot. It doesn't help that she's even more quiet than I am and not very outgoing. She's nice though.
Tuesday was an adventure because one of the service guys talked me into letting him take us all into Philly for cheese steaks. Mind you, I'd never been to this part of the city. I hate driving in the city too. To make a long, bizarre story shorter, we ended up making it down there OK, but because I lost the other car near the end of the trip and didn't know exactly where I was going and didn't "look up", we didn't get cheese steaks. We had a nice Italian dinner at a 'local joint' instead, which was good. It was a good time over all, but not one I care to repeat.
It's been a long week and I think I talked with Gak more last week while I was on the road than this week being at home. His schedule and mine just haven't meshed at all. Although, he did take me out to dinner last night, just because. It was a nice change. We only went to Boston Market, but it was a chance to spend some time with him and just enjoy being out.
Tonight I get to watch Zoe for an hour or two after work. Kat and some others had dinner reservations for 7pm, but Andy called her today to say he was going to be late tonight because of getting tires replaced. He knew about the tires since Tuesday. He could have called then. Bah, whatever. It means I get to spend a little time with my niece.
She has started the 1st grade already. She's in a new school this year, hopefully one that will challenge her a bit more. Her other school was nice, but getting very expensive and, unfortunately, didn't have the staff to be able to give those who needed either extra help or extra challenges enough attention. She's also going into Brownies! Kat is going to be the leader and there are about 5 girls in the troop right now. I have to decide if I want to just be an adult volunteer or officially be her assistant leader. I'm not sure. I don't know if I have the time to commit. I really, really, really want to though. I had so much fun in Scouts and without them, I wouldn't know Zoe at all, let alone be who I am and where I am. I do plan on spending a lot more time with her and the troop this year. It should, hopefully be fun. (I just hope the other mom's will actually give up a bit of control and let their girls do their own thing and not get 'in the way' of their experiences. I've seen waaaay to many parents like that and it makes me cringe and want to scream.)
Well, I'd best be finishing up the last of the million things on my plate for today. I've got so many things to get to in the next two weeks, it isn't even funny.
Peace to all and may you have a wonderful weekend and good family times.

No comments: