Friday, July 20, 2007

Recovery

OK, I'm truly sorry about yesterday's post. I probably shouldn't have posted it, but I'm not going to delete it. After a minor breakdown at my desk, I figured a few things out.
1. Online Bill-pay at my bank is free
2. Online Bill-pay can also be set up to automatically pay your bills
3. If I set up to pay something to the bills that aren't automatically payed through deductions the Monday after every pay, I only have to write one check a month. (I can write more or pay more on certian bills if I want, but I've got things set up for slightly more than minimum payments.)
4. By paying something every pay, I won't get slammed for huge amounts the 2nd week of the month when it seems every bill I have is due.
So see, I did find my accountant after all. I was able to breathe a lot better after that. I also now know exactly how much I'm paying out each pay, so can budget food and the like a little better.

This weekend should be interesting. A lot of work, but good. We're leaving tonight to help Michelle move. She's moving from MD to VA. Not really that far, but far enough. She's moving in with her aunt for now until she can get the job situation sorted out and a place of her own. I really hope that she can find something soon. I also think it's a good thing that she's moving in with her aunt. I really like her aunt, she's a lot of fun. This will take some of the pressure off of Michelle and a lot of the loneliness as well. She'll deny it, but she's very lonely. She doesn't really have that many friends outside her family, but those of us she does have, love her very much. I also hope she can finally find a new career, not just a temp job. She's been out of teaching for a year now, and I think it's really beginning to wear on her. I'm sure she was hoping this would be a lot faster process than it has been.
Scott and Kat are also coming down to help with the move. It's always better to have too many helping hands than not enough. Her dad will be helping out on Saturday as well. (The aunt she's moving in with is one of her dad's sisters.) I know at one point Gak and Scott will disappear for a bit. There's a Games Workshop store near her and since they make Warhammer.... It's OK, I don't expect them to do all this work for free...
Well, I've got to get back to work. I've got a couple of shipping requests to fill out for my trips and schedules to try and fix and a training center to lock down for September. (Can I tell you these quarterly trainings have been a royal mess this year??)
Peace to all and may you find the light at the end of the tunnel and not have it be a train.

No comments: