Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Days

Happy 4th of July!
I hate to say it, but mostly I'm just glad I get a day off... I'm really feeling burned out.
I meant to update you last night about my Gram, but I got side-tracked. She and my mom got to the hospital really early. The doctor decided to take his other patient first, so Gram waited. She went into surgery around 10:00 or so. Mom called me at 10:30 to let me know and then again at about 11:30. At 11:30 she told me that the doctor didn't find any cancer on the bladder, so they were going ahead as scheduled and it should be about another 4 hours or so. This was the most anxious part of the day. (Luckily I spent most of the day training a new engineer, so I had something to focus on instead of worrying all the time...) Well, she calls me about 4:30 and I nearly jump out of my seat for joy and with relief. The operation went well, and Gram was in recovery waking up. It was a load off my mind. She should be in the hospital about a week we're thinking after what the doctor said. I'm impressed really, she is 84 after all. She went through the surgery just fine and now just needs to heal. I honestly think the hardest part is behind us.
PHEW!

I had a very fun reason for not posting last night. I was having a blast in-game. Gak's been running with a guild called Despair lately. I've still got everyone in Wings of Fate and I am probably going to keep it that way. Well, Gak and I were goofing off when he was asked if he wanted to go on a raid. He said OK and asked if there was room for me... and I'm a healer. Well, of course they snapped me right up. (I'm noticing that high level druid types seem pretty rare...) We went to an area Gak and I never got to see with Oops. This group was a lot of fun and we did very well until the last critter. He was a big meanie and we just kinda fell apart. It's OK though, even though it would have been great to clear the zone. We had a lot of fun. I think the leader is trying to recruit me into the guild, but I think I'll prefer to be a guest on raids for now. I mean, Wings is my guild and I don't want to take Addey out, since everyone else I play is just an alt.

Well, I hope everyone has a good 4th. It's funny, we've had beautiful weather all week, and today it's gray and rainy. Go figure. Enjoy the day and enjoy your games! Peace to all and may your family be healthy and happy.

No comments: