Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday

Well, today was a better day in some respects than yesterday. No unwanted surprises at any rate.
I really don't mind working at this site, I was here earlier in May and the people are nice and friendly. What I do mind, however, is the fact that there is a 7-7:30 or so bus curfew where you can't drive. This site has almost no real parking and about a bajilion (yes, that many) employees. Therefore, the company hired lots of buses to pick up people and drop them off, all at regularly scheduled times. During those times, no one else can (or is supposed to at any rate) drive on site. This is problematic when someone needs to pick me up at the guard building a couple of miles from the office where I'm supposed to be. I swear, it's a good 5 or 10 minute drive from the office to the entrance, and the office is somewhat close to the front. This means I woke up at 5am Mountain time (I keep trying to tell my body it's still on Eastern time so it was only 7 and should be OK, but it didn't believe me...) so I could make it there on time. Oh, yeah, it's about a 30-40 km drive to the site from where I'm staying and everyone in town is headed that direction since that's where all the employment is. Ugh. I wrapped up around 5pm and it was just about 6 when I got to where I was going to have dinner. It's now almost 9pm (and still bright out, but I forgot to pick up batteries again today) and I just wrapped up going through the email. There were a few semi-urgent things that wouldn't wait until Monday, but not bad overall. I'm tired.
But tomorrow is good, I'll be heading home. It's going to be about another 10 hour travel day, but I'm headed home. And I'll be home for two weeks. (Sorry Chelsea, I had to move my KC trip to the week of July 16th... we've got to try and get together then, I promise!) I'm looking forward to this time at home, and I know Gak is as well.
This weekend is looking low-key again as well. I think we're going to have people over Sunday to play Killer Bunnies, but that's about it. This means I'll be able to do my Saturday routine and have fun on Sunday. I'm just looking forward to being able to slow down for a little bit, and not have quite so much pressure to be going non-stop.
Well, I've got an 8am flight in the morning, which means I need to leave here by about 6:30 or so. I guess I'd better wrap this up and veg in front of the TV and try and get some sleep. Peace to all and may you find some slow times to enjoy after the hectic times.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Do you know what part of the week you will be there? Michael and I are going to Orlando for Michelle's birthday in the latter half of that week....figures.

Addey said...

I'll be there the whole week. I'll get in on Sunday and I'll be leaving either Friday evening or Saturday. Wednesday is when I have a half day of teaching.