Friday, May 11, 2007

Whirlwind Week?

OK. I haven't written all week. Mostly due to being busy until late, not having my power cord for my laptop and just not getting to it. Below is something that I wrote on Wednesday morning, but never did manage to post. I meant to post it that evening, but it was 9pm when I got back to my room. Like I said, I didn't have my power cord with me, so I was trying to stretch my battery power as long as I could.
I'm home now. I'm tired, cranky and feeling very much behind the 8-ball so to say. There are a few things I've let fall through the cracks and are catching up to me. I've not pulled my share of work around the house and it shows and is making me cranky. I'm on the road again next week and only slightly looking forward to it. I should be home Wednesday evening though, so that should be good. There's a lot of crapola going on and well, I am just feeling overwhelmed and out of time. This being busy non-stop is almost worse than the terrible boredom from March when I was home the entire month. (Admittedly, there are a couple of things I'm sweating now that I should have paid attention to then...)
Anyhow, read my 'post' from Wednesday and enjoy. I hope to do better with it next week. Peace and enjoy the weekend!

Written during the opening remarks of the conference I am at:
This week is the annual user group and trade show for my business. Last year we were in Columbus, and that wasn’t so much fun. It was cool and damp and just not a pretty city. This year we are in Phoenix. I like Phoenix.
Monday was a travel day. The trip was uneventful. I got in around mid-day so I had a chance to wander around a bit.
Yesterday was our user’s group. Overall it went well. One of out presenters went a little long and was a little too geeky for many people. I didn’t have to actually present anything, which was a nice change.
Normally the evenings are filled with taking customers out to ‘wine and dine’ at crowded, noisy restaurants. It really isn’t very fun to me. Last night was different though. One of our customers who is helping host the trade show invited a handful of people over for dinner. There were probably around 20 people there. It was nice and laidback and a good time. There were several ‘competitors’ there, some of whom used to work for the same company as me, and we could just relax and hangout. I like those kinds of events.
Today is the first day of the trade show. The customer who hosted the party last night is running the opening session. Very fun. I hope today goes well. It should. I get to be ‘demo girl’ and show off our system. Not too different from training some days.
On another note, I got a call from my mom yesterday afternoon. My Gram had her 3-month procedure done after the removal of that mass that was first found back in November.
The results were not good. The mass is back and bigger than ever. It looks like they may have to actually remove the kidney. This is major surgery. Gram turned 84 in February. This would be tough surgery on anyone. I’m really worried and scared. I know there isn’t anything I can do from here, but it still nags at the back of my mind. We’ll know more in a couple of weeks when Gram has her next doctor’s appointment. Mom will be there and keep me in the loop.Well, I should be paying attention to the speakers; I am here for work. Peace.


Chelsea said...

I will keep your Grandma in my thoughts

Addey said...

Thanks! I just talked to mom and they have appointments with both the oncologist and her normal doc a week from Monday. I truly hope they can come up with a non-surgical solution. She had a tough enough time in November....