Monday, October 16, 2006

What a Weekend!

This was a great weekend.
Gak actualy had the entire weekend off for a change!
I had Thursday and Friday off, and took major advantage of this. I did a lot of nothing and got some other stuff done as well.
Friday after Gak got off work we drove down to our friend Michelle's. I hate construction! We were only delayed about 30 minutes or so, but it was still annoying.
Saturday Gak, Michelle and I went to the MD Ren Faire with Michelle's aunt and another good friend. A good time was had by all.
Except when we went to leave.
We left about an hour before the end of Faire. I figured that would be enough time. It is at the PA Faire. But for whatever reason, I forgot, yet again, exactly how bad the traffic leaving the MD Faire is. We sat still for about 1.5 hours. It took us 2 hours to get out of the lot. Oh well.
Sunday we had a get-together with family. Well, almost family.
I got to see a lot of people I hadn't in quite a while. It was very good. Gak got to meet the rest of my 'family' on my mom's side. I think he was only a little overwhelmed. We can be a boisterous bunch.
As far as hating construction, we got stuck in it again on the way home, in Maryland and Delaware.
Well, I've got to run. I've got to head to the airport for the first leg of my whirlwind travel week.
Peace to all and safe travels.

No comments: