Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Messy

It's Tuesday....
This weekend was pretty low key.... for the most part.  Saturday was just your normal run of the mill Saturday.  Laundry, Gak worked and then we ran a few errands.  Nothing major.
Sunday we were going to go down to the mall and exchange a shirt Gak got, but instead Stu came over.  You see, Gak's going to be running a Vampire game for a few of us and Stu wanted to create his character.  So, Stu comes over around 3 (he said he'd be over around 2... but this is normal for our crew...).  Stu has been going through a lot lately, and well... I'm not sure he even knows which way is up any more.  I mean, he's always been a bit off and odd, but in some ways he was almost non-responsive, almost a zombie.  I worry about him, but I doubt there is anything I can do.  Gak sees him most Monday's for Warhammer and they're not sure they can help him.
I'm also worrying about Mel.  I love her dearly and don't want to see her hurt.  Social things have gone from bad to worse in many ways.  I really feel for her... She's been going through an emotional hell.  I'm so glad the Internet didn't exist when I was in High School, or I'd probably have been in her shoes.  She's such a tender heart and wears her heart on her sleeve.  She has the "family" curse of caring too much and too quickly.  She's been hurt a lot and had a lot of bad things going on in her online life recently, and her mood is dark.  I keep sending her hugs and trying to give her support, but I don't know if she's hearing me.  I do know I'll get a chance to spend some time both with her and Ant this weekend.  Of course, real life hasn't been easy on Mel either.  She's going through some tough times with her mom, and her mom is going through some tough times of her own.  It's just a mess, and I don't want it to turn into a train wreck.
So, yeah, there's been a lot on my mind with friends and family.  I'm just thankful that my own life is somewhat stable and my boys are doing well so I can spend the time I need to with Mel and Ant.  I love them, and Joan, so much.  Yeah, I may not always agree with Joan, and there are some things I'll never be able to discuss with her, but she's a good person and a true friend.  Her kids are my oldest "niece" and "nephew". (Well, Avery is my oldest "nephew" being 6 months older than Mel, but I haven't seen or heard from him or his mom in way too long... I miss them.)  It hurts to see their lives so full of pain, disappointment and outright tragedy.

Oh, I have an appointment with the sleep doctor February 4th.  It was the earliest I could get.  I hope the doctor is nicer than the office staff... they were just shy of rude.  Oh well.  I just want some answers as to why I'm not sleeping, or how I can get better sleep.
And, speaking of sleep, I'd better turn in.  It's after 9 now (this post took a long time to write for how short it is..) and it's an early day tomorrow.
I have new boy pictures to post to Flickr, but they'll wait.
Peace to all and may your family be happy, healthy and safe.

No comments: