Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chaos Weekend Edition

Well, the weekend wasn't total chaos, but it came close at a few points.
And before you ask, no, I don't have any pictures.  I was a lame momma/aunt and only took a few Saturday morning of my boy and the camera is down in the car, where it's been most of the weekend.  Yes, I know, bad momma.
Saturday morning was a good morning.  Gak and I woke up before Boo, which is a change on weekends.  We got out the door pretty early for a change.  Laundry went well and Boo was a pretty happy and content little guy.  We came home, we played.  He ate a little lunch and took a little nap.  Around 1:00 Joan and the kids show up while Boo is napping.  Even though we were being quiet, he must have this 6th sense that someone new has shown up and within about 10 minutes was awake and wanting to play.  He even blew Aunt Joan kisses and gave her a hug.  This is big news in his world considering the fact that for most of the first year or so of his life he's wanted nothing to do with her.  So, all three kids and I hung out for a bit before picking up Gak from work and doing a quick grocery run.
The fun part of the day was Allen and company's house warming.  I'm horrible with names (see my previous post for verification if any doubt exists) so I won't even try and say who all was there or which kids belonged to whom.  Anyhow, it was quite a fun evening.  I got to catch up with people I don't see much for various reasons.  Boo got to see his cousin Zoe and say up waaaay past his bed time.  Ant and Mel both found kids their own age to hang with.  Of course, Mel wasn't having such a hot time while the "girly girls" were there, as she is anything but.  (Not to mention the "girly girls" she has to deal with at school are the ones making her life miserable there.... so she's understandably gun-shy when meeting new girls her age...)  In the end Mel ended up spending the night at Allen's as well as all day Sunday.  She was very glad to have the time "away".
Sunday everyone in this house slept in.  Anthony actually volunteered to make breakfast (brunch really) around 11:00.  He did a very good job of making French Toast.  Ok, so he forgot the vanilla (which I only ever add half the time...) and the eggs were a bit sloppy all over the stove, but it was still yummy.  I had the much easier job of making bacon in the microwave.  Ant even willingly helped me clean up the mess, which is good because I wasn't going to be the one to scrub the egg off the stove.  Of course, about a half hour after we finish cleaning up, I get a text from Kat that Andy and Zoe were heading over to the diner and did we want to meet the three of them there.  Oh, sure.  I'll just have something to drink, but it'll be nice to hang out.
Well, an hour or so later after munching on some apatizers as "lunch" and Boo polishing off an entire grilled cheese sandwich and most of his French fries, we head home.  Only, Any is heading back to his place, Kat's heading to hers and I have Boo, Ant and Zoe.  To say it was chaos was an understatement.  Zoe's been banned from the Wii and all other electronic games for the week due to a minor school infraction... more for the not listening than the actual infraction.  But... it was rainy and icky out so I couldn't take the kids over to the park to burn off the extra energy that they always have when together and were bouncing off my walls.  So, I compromised and we played Wii bowling and let Zoe play one round of tennis.  Yes, I bent the rules, but I let Kat know and she said rammy and Wii Sports was acceptable.  Of course, once I made them turn off the Wii, they were quick to find something else to do, which was the whole goal.  Boo never did nap on Sunday, but then again, he didn't wake up until after 9.
Sunday evening we picked up some pizza and herded everyone over to Kat's house.  We hung out for a few hours and then picked up Mel from Al's on the way home.  So, yeah, it was a bit chaotic.
Yesterday was just a bit of a low key day mostly.  Most of us got up by about 8.  (I'd gotten up for a bit around 7... but that's another story...)  I made pancakes, at Boo's request even!, around 9.  Ant was awake by then and joined us, but Mel was doing her level best to ignore the world.  She was up by 10 though.  We all just kinda blobbed around the house doing various things until it was time to take Gak into work.  So, we drop Gak off at work, the kids and I do a quick Target run (but I forgot about 80% of what was on my list...) and come home.  I take the lazy way out for lunch and had chicken nuggets and boxed mac & cheese, but I knew everyone would eat all or at least some of it... so not all that bad.  Then there was a little more blobbing around and Boo taking a nap until Aunt Joan came to pick up the kids.
Yeah, I'm tired.  It was a long weekend.  I really wish I'd gotten some pictures, but I just wasn't feeling very inspired. *sigh*

Anyhow, off to a 4-day work week in the middle of reporting month.  Should be "fun"... or at least not boring.  Maybe I'll be able to catch up on some quiet?

Peace to all and may your weekends be full of good times.

No comments: