Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Well, today so far has been a success.  I managed to get out of the house on time.  I managed to find the plant entrance with only a bit of minor confusion.  The training session, once it started, was great.  There was a lot of good conversation and I could see the light bulbs lighting up frequently and often.  That made me feel good.
It's weird though.  I miss my son and husband horribly.  It's been almost 24 hours since I've held my boy and well over 12 since I said goodbye to my husband.  I wish I could scoop up my boy in my arms and hold him tight and snuggle up to my husband.
But....
I'm actually enjoying the thought of having a night "off" for the first time in I'm not sure how long.... I think some time this fall I had an evening out with Kat and Scott, but I don't exactly remember when that was.  The last time Gak and I had an evening without Boo was in December when we went to go see Trans Siberian Orchestra.  The last time it was just the two of us for the evening was in September for Gak's birthday.
This is where the mixed emotions come to play.  I miss my boys horribly, but I like having some time off.
Anyhow, I'm going to quick check my work email and then turn into mush in front of the TV for a while.  I'll call my boys in a little bit before Boo's bedtime.  I miss his smile so much.  At least I have plenty of pictures on my computer.
Peace to all and may your hearts be happy and full.

No comments: