Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Gray

Well, it's Wednesday already and it looks like I fell off the planet again.  Mostly it's because this has been a hard week for me to get motivated to do anything.  I haven't been motivated at work.  I've not been especially motivated to do much at home either.
Of course, part of this is because Gak threw off my Monday.  He wasn't feeling all that great Sunday afternoon and by Monday evening he was miserable.  (Amazingly, he was doing much, much better yesterday.)  So, instead of going out gaming, he came home.  I had been looking to a quiet hour or two with the house "all to myself" after Boo went to bed.  Well, that didn't happen.  Instead, I have a somewhat grumpy hubby camped out on the sofa.  Admittedly he watched whatever I had on the TV (Good Eats).  But, he was sprawled out on the couch, that's my job on a Monday evening.  It didn't bother me enough then to make him move, but it must have been something because here it is Wednesday morning and I'm still grumbling about it.  I guess it's that I don't really get much alone time anymore.  Sure, I get about 45 minutes to an hour most mornings, but even then not always because some mornings Gak wakes up when I do.... well, after I do but well before I have to actually get moving for the day.
Oh well.  It's just a grumble.  The constantly gray weather since Thursday or so hasn't helped me any.  This is why I could never live in Alaska... there are times when I'm just too weather sensitive.

Anyhow, work continues.  I've got a few things in the fire there that may turn out interesting.  I had lunch with my buddy Don and he definitely thinks I should keep my options open and start looking.  He also said he wanted to go talk to the manager and see about him taking over the training gig.  He was serious at the time, but I think he's come to see that might not be a great idea over the last few days... although, it would be fun having him around managing the whole training thing.  What I really wish we had was a project manager for training and more than just me (and George, who's contract expires soon :( ) who were qualified and able to do the training.  I just need someone higher than me to give me much more direction than: provide training to the customers.  I don't do well with that little direction.  I get sidetracked way too easil... ohh... shiny!

See!

Anyhow, I've got to get dressed and out the door.  It's an early day for me.  Maybe it'll be nice enough to get a walk in with Boo this evening.  Ahh... who am I kidding... it'll probably be raining again by then.  Bah.

Peace to all and may your give-a-damn not be busted.

No comments: