Saturday, April 14, 2007

Too mad for words

OK, my pictures from Canada will have to wait for tomorrow. I was going to post them earlier, but I haven't cleaned them up yet.
Right now I'm livid. One of my best friends in the world is Joanie. She drives me insane some days but she's a good person. She's had a couple of bad marriages, several bad relationships, but has two wonderful kids, age 10.5 and 6.5.
Her ex-husband was diagnosed with cancer a while back and it had spread throughout his entire bod, including bones and brain. Mind you the divorce was bad and messy, including several threats against Joanie's life. (For some odd reason this happens to her a lot... Like I said, I love her very much but her judgement in men stinks big time!!) Well, he passed away earlier this week, Wednesday actually. Kat just sent me a text message with the details about the funeral. Monday morning. Bonds for the kids in lieu of flowers. The new wife cut the kids out of the will and the obit.
She what?
Wait, he had a new wife??
HUH??
Somebody explain to me!?!?
I'm so livid I can't even see straight. The only remotely good thing about George having cancer and passing is that the kids were going to be set. He had everything left to them and it was a nice amount, including a very nice house. Yes, George is the kids' father. They haven't been divorced that long, but long enough that he could have remarried... a few years now.
Joan was in the process of trying to move the kids in the middle of the school year back down here to be closer to George because the doctors said he probably wouldn't last until the end of the school year. That and about a million other bad things are going on in her life, as usual. She's one of those people who if there wasn't bad luck, she wouldn't have any.
OK, I think I'm done venting. I know this isn't the most coherent piece of writing I've ever done, but I needed to get that out.
I'll post pictures from Canada tomorrow, I promise.
Peace to all and may your loved ones be many and your nasty surprises few. (Also, say a prayer for Joan and the kids if you're so inclined, they need all the help they can get right now....)

No comments: