Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mid-week Musings

Why have I started trying to use alliterative titles for my posts? It's kind of cute, I guess but it makes it challenging some days to come up with something new and accurate.
This has been a fairly normal week at work. Nothing too exciting. I am traveling up to Canada next week, it should be both cold and fun. Well, cold compared to here, it is supposed to be above freezing at any rate. I'm flying into Timmons and will then have about a 2-hour drive east. You look at the map and there are no roads, no towns nothing. I'm sure there are farms or ranches and there appear to be some Small settlements, but it really looks empty. You don't see that much here in the US, unless you're in one of our northern states like the Dakotas, or Idaho or a few more southern states such as Nevada or Utah. But those are all hard places to live really.
I'm looking forward to and dreading this trip at the same time. It should be interesting because I believe that until May, this will be the furthest North I've been. Manitoba last year might have been further north, but I don't think so. It will hopefully be a nice drive at any rate. I'm just not looking forward to the site. My chaos sensor is on overload. We've only been trying for over a year to work this out and schedule it. And there are still questions and uncertainties.
We'll find out next week I guess.
I tried putting together my new furniture for the living room on Monday. I started with the cabinet, since I need that in order to put the side rails up and the shelves. I laid everything out and have all the right pieces and the instructions are nice and clear like Ikea instructions tend to be. I got step 1 done with little problem (I even lined up the slot for the back up right!). I went to slide in the back before putting on the final side and ran into a problem.
It's too small.
Huh?
Turn it around silly, the thing's almost square.
Nope, that doesn't work either.
Huh?
I'm about a half to a whole inch short in one direction no matter which way I turn it. I'm having problems finding the Ikea phone number. I really feel silly that step number 2 has beaten me. We'll see how the book case goes this evening. Usually I have absolutely no problems putting the furniture together. I'll probably add it to my ever growing list of things to do Friday.
I'm glad I have off on Friday. I've got a very long list of things to accomplish between Friday and Saturday. This list includes finishing the furniture, pull together all the computer stuff to go through and put away or trash, find the back bedroom, go to the gym, do laundry, put the laundry away, find the front bedroom and find my desk. Phew! Do you think that's enough to try and get done in two days? I'm not planning on trying to get any of this done on Sunday. I do things like this so much better when I'm by myself. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't like having someone watching over my shoulder (whether they really are or not) while I work. I guess that's the Katz genes coming out in full force. I've seen my dad be that way as well as my brother. I'm doomed. (Stop laughing mom, I know you're laughing at this one too... but you're right.) I'm not even going to get into the obsessive about perfect (which doesn't exist, or so I'm told) things that my family does. I'm an amazing contradiction, I'm a live-in-the-moment, don't worry about planning too far in advance perfectionist. Help! (This just means that I'm really good at putting stuff off and then getting really mad at myself when I don't do it or don't do it 'right'.)
Well, I guess I should attempt to get a few more things done today at the office before I head home. (How'd you like that sudden change of topic?) I hope everyone is having a good week and has a good weekend to look forward to. Peace to all.

No comments: