Sunday, December 17, 2006

Yea Team!!

We have some good news. I talked to Mom today. She'd left me a message Friday while I was in transit. Gram's procedure went quite well and that everything is clear. What the blockage was wasn't tumor or stone. This means that every three months now she'll have to have the same checkup, but most likely the oncologist won't have to do anything more extensive. She's got that appointment Monday or Tuesday.
Mom's cranky though.
It's her foot.
More precisely, it's the cast on her foot.
Hopefully she'll find out tomorrow afternoon that she won't have to deal with it any longer. She's got an appointment with the bone guy. We will see.
What this means in the short term is that we still have no idea exactly what we're doing for Christmas. I still really want to go down to Maryland, but mom doesn't want to if she's still got the cast. There are many reasons I want to go, the biggest one being I don't get to see Gram as often as I wish I could. Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings.
As far as Gak and I having a tree, it doesn't look like we'll have one this year. Neither of us want to deal with hauling a live (and then a dead) real tree up into our apartment. We finally got around to looking for a fake one today. The only ones that were left at the store were 7.5 foot tall ones that were on sale (50% off even) for $100. Nope, as much as I would love to have a nice big tree, I can't afford that much this year. Oh well, looks like another plain year as far as decorations go. It could be worse I guess.

Hopefully this week won't be too painful. I'm being somewhat fatalistic about Tuesday and Wednesday with my 'training sessions' for the SW support group. I know, when all is said and done, that whatever I do will be wrong in the eyes of my former boss. I know this, just because I know him. That and I'm trying to figure out exactly what I can train these people on. I mean, most of them are the ones who taught me most of what I know for crying out loud! Oh well. I'll survive and then it will be done.
Well, I'm off to play a little before I get around to fixing supper.
Peace to all and may you find a holiday celebration that will make you happy.

No comments: