Wednesday, December 20, 2006

'Tis the Season!

I've changed the picture at the side to look a little more winter than fall. Admittedly, I took this picture in the spring instead of the winter, but ice is still ice. That was a very pretty trip that I took and enjoyed it a lot.

Last night was my niece's holiday concert. It was fun. The kids all enjoyed themselves and did as well as we'd hoped. Aunt Ellen and Uncle Jerry were up again for this event. Like I said, it was a fun evening. Little Bear was soooo excited. She's really enjoying her school, which is very good.

Today is my last work day for 2006. I'm taking the next two days for myself. I may even kick Gak out of the house early tomorrow or Friday so I can get stuff done without him getting in my way (even if he's three rooms away....). I made gingerbread cake this morning for my friends at work and they all seemed to enjoy it. I have to make one for Gak's work tomorrow. I also need to make a batch of oatmeal cookies to include in my grandmother's and brother's Christmas presents. Yes, I know. They won't get there by Christmas, but they know they're coming. I also have to write my New Year's cards out. I don't do Christmas or holiday cards. I do New Year's letters. That way I don't have to worry about getting them out in time and getting lost in the shuffle of everything else Christmas. That and my friends and I are all of such diverse backgrounds, it just doesn't seem right to single out one holiday and I hate the generic 'happy holidays' greeting. I mean, if I'm going to wish someone a happy holiday, I should at least know and state which holiday they're celebrating! Ok, enough rantage. I really didn't mean to turn this into a why this time of year can make me cranky post. I really do enjoy this time of year. It is great to see so many people celebrating for so many reasons.

Well, I think I have a few odds and ends to take care of before I head out for the year. This time next week I'll be in Oklahoma visiting Gak's parents. I'll try and post while I'm away, but no promises. Anyhow, enjoy yourselves and your family (by blood or by heart). Peace to all and may there be love in your hearts and happiness in your lives.

No comments: