Thursday, September 14, 2006

Loooong week

This week was an almost travel week. I wasn't at home, but I was at home.
Huh?
I was doing a training session for four days at a corporate office in the area. It is about an hour and a half or so from my house. But only 45 minutes or so from my parents. Therefore, I spent four nights at my parents this week.
It was good to be able to spend time with them. Things seem to be going fairly well. Mom had a preliminary doctor's appointment about replacing her knee. Scary thought, but it is something she's decided she's put off long enough. Dad is dad and worries about everything. Their business hasn't been great this year so things are very tight. This just makes his worry worse. Nothing I can do, but still....
It was a good training week. I don't really want to go into the office tomorrow, but I have to. I'm doing the same thing next week over five days at my office. And there are about 100 little things I've got to do in order to make sure everything goes smoothly. This means that I may or may not have time to post this week.
Good news though, I've got about 10 or 15 minutes worth of work to do on my nephew's bear and about an hour's work to do on the baby blanket for my friend's baby. I'll try and post pictures when they get done. They're both really cute! I can't wait to give them to the people who are getting them. I know they'll be appreciated.
Well, I'm tired and should probably get a few things done before bed.
Peace to all.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yay for project pictures! I always want to post zillions of pics of what I'm working on, but don't want to run off the few non-knitters (or crocheters) who read, so try to keep it to a reasonable level.

Did you see the Patternworks catalog this month? They are having a contest to knit blankets for Project Linus, and I immediately thought of you. Then I read the rules and got mad...they're acting like they're doing this for the charity, *but* you have to buy *their* yarn, and they are keeping their favorite contest submissions! That would make me so mad, to design and knit up something for a needy child, and then just have it sitting in their "collection" forever. Bah.

Addey said...

I haven't actualy looked at Patternworks. I picked up crocheting again a few years ago when life was not going well and it felt like something comforting from the past (my Gram taught me when I was little but I never stuck with it...). I bastially just do wahtever. I have found plenty of really cool patterns on the net though, for free even!
That does make me mad about the project Linus 'contest'. BAH! Oh well, at least they're getting the word out and they should get lots of blankies at any rate...