Sunday, September 10, 2006

Busy!

Last week was a non-post week.
I'm sorry.
Tuesday was a Monday of a day and just didn't feel post-worthy.
Wednesday was really a lost day and pretty useless. The only thing I accomplished was driving up to New York for the week's training.
Thursday and Friday were both very long days. This was the third or four startup trainings at some sites in upstate New York. Very pretty locations. Good people. One in particular was trying this week, but not in a bad way. Just very detail oriented and intense. Frustrating, but not bad enough to strangle. Friday was really long since I taught a full day and then drove home.
I'm beginning to get to the "what's rest?" phase again, and this travel heavy period is just starting. Oh well. Saturday was busy, but productive. I'm almost finished the project for my nephew. I'll post a pic when it's done.
Today was a good day, even if it seems too short. I went to Valley Forge for a Score-O, or so I thought. I didn't really read the event listing. I knew there was white and yellow today as well and they threw in a sprint as well. What I didn't read was that the score started this afternoon, not this morning. Doh! Since I promised Gak I'd be home for at least a bit today, that meant that was out of the question. Oh well. My friend Kathy convinced me to do the sprint 'with her'. That is, we walked together and tried to take turns navigating. It worked well. We had a blast and got pretty good times as well.
This afternoon I spent some great time with my husband. I really do miss him when I'm on the road. Oh well, makes the time at home that much more special I guess. (Or at least that's what I keep telling myself to get through the lonely days some times...)
Tonight I'm driving back down to VF to stay at my parents. Why? Because the training session I'm doing tomorrow through Thursday is about 35 minutes from their house, as opposed to well over 1.5 hours from mine. It still sucks that I won't be home, but at least I'll be staying in my own bed, of sorts, and not eating out all week. That'll make it a bit better. Next week I'm home though. Teaching all week, but home.
Oh well, I've rambled on long enough. I've got to throw stuff together for the week and then Gak and I are going out to dinner.
Peace to all and have a good week. I'll try and post at some point....

No comments: