Monday, April 30, 2012

Lightsabers

Well, Boo finally did it.  He went 14 days (in a row even! actually, almost 20 now!) accident free.  In big boy underpants the entire time, even at night.  He has more than earned his lightsaber.  You can't really tell from this picture but he was soooo excited and proud to get it.  He had so much fun showing it off to everyone in the building when we got home as well.
I'm so thrilled!
And a little bit sad.
When we were on our way to the checkout this evening to buy his new lightsaber ("I have to get a green one!") he says in that matter-of-fact tone that young kids do so well "I'm not a baby any more."
No, Bubs, you're not.  My baby Boo is growing up and way too fast.

I was having a conversation with my friend Cynthia at work today.  Her daughter just turned 4 months old yesterday.  We were both amazed at how the time just flies.  And I told her to hang on, because it only gets faster.  I swear, just yesterday Boo was only 4 months old and here he is turning 4 years old in a matter of weeks!

But yes, I'm thrilled not to have to buy, change or otherwise deal with diapers.  It really was getting quite old.  I mean, it's one thing when they're an itty-bitty and just don't have any concept, but I swear, I think it's more been just plain stubborn more than anything the last 6 months to a year.  We finally hit upon the right bribe and I'm pretty sure his best buddy Dominik had something to do with it as well.  Dom is 6 months younger and has been using the potty since December or so.  I'm pretty sure he convinced Boo that it was just plain easier in the long run to use the potty.  At any rate, I'm thankful.

I'm keeping this post short because I'd really love to get to bed a little early so I can actually go for my swim in the morning.  I missed both of them last week because I was just so darn exhausted.  So, I'll just leave you with a few pictures from Saturday.

Zoe blowing out her birthday candles.

Zoe, Boo and Billy on a boat ride.

Zoe, Troy and Rachel on the swing ride.

No comments: