Friday, February 25, 2011

Hacked!

I have bad news.  My EQII account got hijacked last night.  I have no idea who or how since I've got a fairly secure password and it's not written down or in an email or anything like that.  I don't really know or care about how.  I just want it fixed.
What stinks the most isn't that my account got jacked or that my stuff got stolen, but that the jerk who did this deleted one of my favorite characters.  Whispe, as of now, is no longer amongst us.  She was a very wonderful little fae monk who was well on her way to being level 90 if I spent any more time with her.  She's been with me almost since the beginning of Faedwar.
Anyhow, this was just to vent a little and to let anyone who comes by here who knows me from EQII know that if you see me online, it's not me until I post something here.  I haven't been able to reset my password because it doesn't like my answer to the "Secret Question"  (that's the first or second thing I'd change if I ever hacked an account, the account password being the other!) and Sony hasn't responded to my request for help yet.  Gak's trying to work on it with support, but they don't open until 10 am PST and we're east coast.
*sigh*
For what it's worth, I'll insert the standard Change Your Passwords!!!  Don't Give Them Out!! warnings...

Peace to all and may your accounts be safe and sound.

No comments: