Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Busy Weekend Edition

Well, obviously I've already fallen down on my personal challenge.  I have a pretty good excuse over the weekend.  This weekend Mel and Ant came down to stay with Kat.  There was much fun to be had and things to do.  Saturday included bowling, lunch a napping boy and then sledding and pizza.  Sunday included bowling and movies and just some hanging out.  It was really great to see both Mel and Ant.
Yesterday was a Monday.  I was about 5 minutes from heading out the door when Gak gets a message from his boss asking him to open because he got called up for jury duty.  This meant I had an hour to kill and had to get in touch with both Amma and the day care to let everyone know the change of plans.  The rest of the day was a bit of chaos too, but I did get a nice email from my manager with some compliments he'd gotten about me from a customer.  That was enough to brighten my day.
Today was a long day.  I did manage to get to the gym this morning.  It started out as a blanket of snow covered with a crust of ice and continued to be misty and icy through most of the day.  I spent the majority of my day on a long project, and then I get to spend more time tomorrow or the next day finishing it up.  Not really looking forward to that.

Anyhow, I guess since I issued myself a challenge, I should come up with a hero for today.  There are lots to choose from.  But, today, and after the last several weeks of the weekly snow storm, I have to say thank you to the guys who actually remove the snow and the ick.  I'm not just talking about the PennDOT guys (yes, Scott, you too...) or the guys paid to clear parking lots and the like, but the every day home and property owners that actually clear their sidewalks and even clear the corners.  And not only do they clear the walks, but they keep them from being too slick and actually use salt.  I know my husband truly appreciates this on the days he has to walk him and the boy to daycare and work.
So, today it's a minor hero of the winter time that I'd like to say thank you to.  So, thank you to all the people who care enough to clear the snow.  This winter has been such a refreshing change with our current landlords as opposed to our old one.  Yes, I've cleared some snow and moved things around, but I haven't had to clear the sidewalks or parking spaces.

I'm rambling and not making much sense and being pretty disjointed.  I'm going to wrap up the drivel here and say I hope to get pictures up tomorrow or the next day.
Good night.

Peace to all and may your way be clear.

No comments: